Wish Ability to route MIDI to/from USB

Yes midi note would be helpful as would being able to route midi THROUGH to the midi OUT port. Having both midi through and midi out can be helpful but it can also be a pain. I understand that the THROUGH is probably hardwired to the IN but the data should be able to be processed and re-routed via software. If the IN data can be interpreted by the Axe FX 3 so that the Axe can respond to commands it should be able to be sent to the OUT.

Yes midi note would be helpful as would being able to route midi THROUGH to the midi OUT port. Having both midi through and midi out can be helpful but it can also be a pain. I understand that the THROUGH is probably hardwired to the IN but the data should be able to be processed and re-routed via software. If the IN data can be interpreted by the Axe FX 3 so that the Axe can respond to commands it should be able to be sent to the OUT.
If it's hardwired (which it is) then how do you expect software (firmware, actually ;)) to process it? The signal is literally passed from the Input DIN to the Thru DIN.

Well, admittedly I don't know a lot about how the hardwire aspect would affect it but I assume that there's midi data coming in to the midi in and all that midi data is also just hitting the midi through. But it's also being read by the axe Fx 3 which is responding to CCs and PCs. Currently the only thing going to the OUT is what's generated by the Axe FX 3. Wouldn't it be possible to take all the midi data coming in and re-interpret it as if it's being generated by the Axe FX itself so it can hit the midi out as well?

Well, admittedly I don't know a lot about how the hardwire aspect would affect it but I assume that there's midi data coming in to the midi in and all that midi data is also just hitting the midi through. But it's also being read by the axe Fx 3 which is responding to CCs and PCs. Currently the only thing going to the OUT is what's generated by the Axe FX 3. Wouldn't it be possible to take all the midi data coming in and re-interpret it as if it's being generated by the Axe FX itself so it can hit the midi out as well?
Yes, that could be an option for midi OUT but not for midi THRU.

In fact, I believe the Axe Fx II supported that capability.

Riglht, if the Axe fx 3 can process midi from the midi in and act on it... It should be possible to add an action that would stream that data to the midi out. It's perfectly fine that the same midi is also being hardwired to the midi through there's no reason to block it... In fact there could be situations in which that would be helpful...

On Axe Fx II mark 1, midi thru is a software connexion that only replicates the midi channel of the axe fx ii, not the other channels. Midi in to DAW (Cubase) over axe fx ii m1 USB does not work as far as I experienced. I had to do that from my LG2 midi controller pedal.

I'm losing hope... :(
Never lose hope. There are hundreds of items on the Wish List, and only a few people to implement them all and do ongoing development work that’s not Wish List-driven. It’s only been four months since this one was posted.

Almost 19 months actually. You might have been looking at the top of page 4.
You’re right. For some reason, I thought I saw post #1 at the top of the page. But still, 19 months of higher-priority items doesn’t mean that a Wish is dead. ;)

You’re right. For some reason, I thought I saw post #1 at the top of the page. But still, 19 months of higher-priority items doesn’t mean that a Wish is dead. ;)

Well, the Axe-FX III that I bought some 19 months ago has been sitting as a glorified brick here, so it's a priority for me for sure. :)

Well, the Axe-FX III that I bought some 19 months ago has been sitting as a glorified brick here, so it's a priority for me for sure. :)
My experience is different. My Axe-Fx III that I got 30 months ago gets lots of use in ways that no brick could fulfill. :). But I totally understand the wish for MIDI routing to USB.

My experience is different. My Axe-Fx III that I got 30 months ago gets lots of use in ways that no brick could fulfill. :). But I totally understand the wish for MIDI routing to USB.

You’re adding envy to my frustration. :)

It’s awful to own such a wonderful device and to be unable to use it really (although this particular problem isn’t the only one or the most important one for me).

Reactions: Rex
Back
Top Bottom