Wish Ability to program External switches to control Scenes

svl

Power User
One of the biggest things I miss flipping from the II to the AX8 is the ability to program external switches to change Scenes. Love to be able to "tap dance" less- having to continually tap F1 and F3 each time I change presets is tough when you're singing, playing, fronting and entertaining.

One of the biggest things I miss flipping from the II to the AX8 is the ability to program external switches to change Scenes. Love to be able to "tap dance" less- having to continually tap F1 and F3 each time I change presets is tough when you're singing, playing, fronting and entertaining.
Under the IO->CTRL menu you have the ability to set SCENE SELECT, SCENE INCR, and SCENE DECR.

@joe rogers, I see that but would like to give each pedal input a switch to assign each of the first four Scenes to, as you can do with the MFC. Just a really nice feature on the MFC- no back and forth hitting Reveal, just being able to change presets and banks and then immediately jump from Scene to Scene quick and easy. :)

are you aware that you can configure your presets to have footswitches S1 to S8 (or S1/2) as well as P1 to P8 ?

Yep. Not what I want to do- I want to leave the AX8s switches for presets, but use an external box of four switches to change Scenes at the same time without extra tap dancing. :) We can do this with the MFC, hoping to get the function into the AX8, as it's incredibly useful.

Understood.

Just as an idea: I have configured my F2 to "Scene 1/2 toggle" which gives me a "global" s1/2 switch for all presets. (I left "F2 Hold" to "Sticky Scene", in case I need more than s1/2 in a Preset.)
That could maybe fulfil your wish to 50% at least, as you'd then have an "half-external" switch, for 2 scenes ? ;-)

Still have to push one of the F switches (whichever you program for the task) to get to the toggle.

I'm sure this is doable, but it's a FW issue that would need to be addressed.

It's an interesting idea. It might be done with dedicated one-to-one functions under i/o Control SELECT SCENE 1, SELECT SCENE 2, etc. I think you'd probably do better to have a small external switch-to-midi box to generate the required commands to send to the AX8 MIDI IN port.. Something like the MorningstarFX? http://www.morningstarfx.com

Last edited:
It's an interesting idea. It might be done with dedicated one-to-one functions under i/o Control SELECT SCENE 1, SELECT SCENE 2, etc. I think you'd probably do better to have a small external switch-to-midi box to generate the required commands to send to the AX8 MIDI IN port.. Something like the MorningstarFX? http://www.morningstarfx.com

Trying to keep the size of the box down (slimline Bright Onion style) for the pedalboard size and weight and keep from spending so much (BO switch $70ish versus $230 for the midi box).

Trying to keep the size of the box down (slimline Bright Onion style) for the pedalboard size and weight and keep from spending so much (BO switch $70ish versus $230 for the midi box).
Ok, now I understand. You are running the unit in STICKY PRESET mode. If you do not require individual bypass switches, and you always want presets assigned to your footswitches, then try the following:

1) Set all your footswitches (1-8) to GLOBAL LATCHING
2) Assign the Preset Blocks (P1 - P8) to your footswitches.
3) Assign "Scene 1/2 Toggle" to one of your F-Switches.

Do you have this unit Admin M@? I'm just curious if this can be plugged into the Midi In slot on the AX8 and programmed to give me access to 6 more fully programmable switches to control FX Blocks and such so that I could use AX8 switches 1-4 for my scenes and then be able to use switches 5-8 and the MorningstarFX to access Blocks???

Do you have this unit Admin M@? I'm just curious if this can be plugged into the Midi In slot on the AX8 and programmed to give me access to 6 more fully programmable switches to control FX Blocks and such so that I could use AX8 switches 1-4 for my scenes and then be able to use switches 5-8 and the MorningstarFX to access Blocks???

Yep it can handle that. Just assign each of the MC6 switches to send the appropriate #CC - there's a CC assignment in the AX8 for every block bypass and XY.

Hook a second cable from AX8 MIDI out to MC6 MIDI Input as well if you want to send an AX8 program change with each preset so that the MC6 footswitch banks follow along (if you want it to change per preset).

Takes a bit of setup overall but a great solution.

Back
Top Bottom