Ability to label Bank 1 as Bank 0, etc.

joegold

Fractal Fanatic
I posted this originally back in 2015.
I don't expect any action on this.
I'm just letting off steam.
The thread was located here:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/ability-to-label-bank-1-as-bank-0.95172/
But it seems as if it's been shut down by the admins or I would have posted this there.

This was such a logical, normal and doable request, and nothing was ever done about it.
As you can see at that thread, everybody who responded wanted this feature too.

That fact along with a few others has made my experience with this Fractal product almost totally negative.
Along with the switches being too close together and not vertically staggered enough so that my foot rarely clicks on the switch I intend it to, I almost went back to FCB1010 w/UNO today.
And I won't even mention the issues I had in my first months with the MFC trying to deal with phantom power via 7-pin MIDI cable before Cliff authorized a mod to the my MFC's circuit board to fix it.

If I ever buy a III I'm going to be really wary about buying one of the new footswitches too.
Sorry.
I love Fractal and most Fractal products.
The MFC 101 is not one of them.

--------------------

New MFC owner/user here....

I'm pretty sure already that this can't presently be done, which is why I'm posting this in the MFC Wishes forum.

I usually use Preset Mode with Banks of 10 Presets each.
[Note: I use the Bank Style "None" so that the Preset selection is not sent while merely scrolling through the various Banks.]
I find it confusing when I'm scrolling through the Banks and, for example, I see Bank 7 and then select Preset #1 from within that Bank and the Preset that gets sent/loaded is Preset #61 rather than Preset #71.
I.e. I'd much rather have Preset #1 within Bank #7 be Preset #71.

So what I'm hoping for is that future firmware updates might add another Display Offset parameter to the Setup Menus so that I can designate the 1st Bank of Presets as "Bank #000" rather than "Bank 001" which is the only way to designate it now.

If I'm wrong and there is already a way to do this then please let me know and I'll delete this thread.

Thanks.

If you find a way to do this please post it. I am frustrated by the same issue. Would like bank 7 + 1 to be 71. Only way I can think of is to offset every preset by 10 in the preset mapping, but thats just messy. Need a solution to this but sadly this product not supported any more.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom