Ability to have the Bank Style as None (as you can with the MFC)

Randall d

Experienced
Would like the option of the AX8 operating like the MFC when the MFC Bank Style is set to None. This means that when you have Function Buttons assigned to Bank Up and Bank Down: when you use a Function Button to move to a different Bank, no Preset is loaded until you select one (using a footswitch assigned to a Preset).

Reactions: yek
does single preset/bank on the AX-8 take the same amount of foot switch taps as compaired to having to press reveal on the mfc after switching presets with bank style none?

On my MFC, I can "preload" a bank/preset change by selecting the bank of the preset I want (meanwhile I continue to play on the preset I was on). Then when I want to change to the new preset (on the new bank), I just push the preset button and it immediately changes to the new preset. This allows changing to presets that are on different banks in the middle of a song. The way the AX8 works now, if the preset I want to change to is on another bank, the only way to do it in the middle of a song is to have it on an adjacent bank, and have the preset in the same preset positon in the new bank as the one I am currently playing. IOW (for example) if I am on Bank 4/Preset 6, then the preset I am switching to must be on Bank 5/Preset 6, or Bank 3/Preset 6. Otherwise I will have to switch to other presets on my way to the one I want. That is not acceptable in the middle of a song while you are playing.

The way around this is to not use Bank Up/Down, but Single Preset/Bank instead.

Yes, and that was the way I was running mine for a while. But it requires three footswitch operations each time you want to switch to a different preset on an adjacent bank. That was too much to do on the fly for me. I ended up occaisionally making a mistake and ending up somewhere I didn't want to be. I switch back and forth between the AX8 at one of my gigs, and the AxeII/MFC for others. I would prefer the operations be more similar if possible. On my AX8 I set five of my footswitches to control Presets, and the other three for Scene operations. This makes making changes very easy with a minimal amount of footswitch operations. But having to go through unwanted presets (in the middle of a song) to get to the one I want is not acceptable.

Reactions: yek
Back
Top Bottom