Implemented Ability to exclude blocks from scene changes?

NeoSound

Fractal Fanatic
I've already thought of ways to get around this, but for example:

I have four channels set up on the amp block and I want a switch assigned on the foot controller for each channel. I don't want them to switch with scenes but have many effects channels and on/off states I want switched with scenes. So the amp block can stay parked on the channel I want with the effects switching around it, also change amps while the effects stay parked (this one is easy with scenes).

I get what you're saying and love the idea. Being able to freeze several blocks and then change many blocks around those, in concert, would be pretty powerful.

I think we all have favorite blocks like a compressor that may stay on in all scenes. So just turn scene switching off for certain things? I believe most of us have just a few goto amps also.

what I described in the op, 4x amps and 8x scenes = 32 possibilities. I think that's the way a lot of guitar players think with a traditional rig and switching system.

Though I can also see what you're asking for being covered by a simple preset change too.

Another example for such function: If I have a pitch block in one preset to tune down -1 sometimes. I could enable/disable it with a "per preset switch" like a stomp box. So long as I don´t change the preset the status of the pitch block would be remained independent which scene I select.
That would be very fine.

Another example for such function: If I have a pitch block in one preset to tune down -1 sometimes. I could enable/disable it with a "per preset switch" like a stomp box. So long as I don´t change the preset the status of the pitch block would be remained independent which scene I select.
That would be very fine.
There are a couple of ways you can do this already. Assign a control switch as the modifier for the bypass state. Make sure the presets have the control switch set to "Last". Or you can use a controller as the modifier for the bypass state then assign an external switch to that controller. When using a momentary switch with an FC make sure you set them for virtual toggle.

I really must bump this. I'd love to be able to have certain blocks (or their channels) static when switching scenes. I for instance, like to have the channel switching of certain blocks, like phaser, tremolo, drive and delay, not change with scenes.

If I select my slap delay in channel A, then I want that slap delay to stay put, even if I switch amps via scenes around it. PLEASE PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE CLIFF :innocent:

The name Scene Bypass Block is confusing. The way I'd design this feature would be with a LOCK against scenes. When LOCK SCENE BYPASS is on, the Scene won't change the Bypass State of the block. When LOCK SCENE CHANNEL is on, a Scene won't change the Channel of the block. Only Scenes would be locked out: you'd always be able to change bypass or channel manually with a front panel control, via MIDI, the editor, FC Controller, etc.

Last edited:
The name Scene Bypass Block is confusing. The way I'd design this feature would be with a LOCK against scenes. When LOCK SCENE BYPASS is on, the Scene won't change the Bypass State of the block. When LOCK SCENE CHANNEL is on, a Scene won't change the Channel of the block. Only Scenes would be locked out: you'd always be able to change bypass or channel manually with a front panel control, via MIDI, the editor, FC Controller, etc.
Consider calling it a "Scene Lockout." The phrase "Lock Scene" could be interpreted a couple of different ways.

Agreed, your name is better than mine ;) Really hope this will make it in!

This request is known and understood. There's no real reason need to ask again, I think.

Back
Top Bottom