• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Wish Ability to exclude blocks from scene changes?

NeoSound

Fractal Fanatic
I've already thought of ways to get around this, but for example:

I have four channels set up on the amp block and I want a switch assigned on the foot controller for each channel. I don't want them to switch with scenes but have many effects channels and on/off states I want switched with scenes. So the amp block can stay parked on the channel I want with the effects switching around it, also change amps while the effects stay parked (this one is easy with scenes).

NeoSound

Fractal Fanatic
I get what you're saying and love the idea. Being able to freeze several blocks and then change many blocks around those, in concert, would be pretty powerful.

I think we all have favorite blocks like a compressor that may stay on in all scenes. So just turn scene switching off for certain things? I believe most of us have just a few goto amps also.

what I described in the op, 4x amps and 8x scenes = 32 possibilities. I think that's the way a lot of guitar players think with a traditional rig and switching system.

iaresee

Administrator
Though I can also see what you're asking for being covered by a simple preset change too.

desaster66

Another example for such function: If I have a pitch block in one preset to tune down -1 sometimes. I could enable/disable it with a "per preset switch" like a stomp box. So long as I don´t change the preset the status of the pitch block would be remained independent which scene I select.
That would be very fine.

DavezHear

Inspired
Another example for such function: If I have a pitch block in one preset to tune down -1 sometimes. I could enable/disable it with a "per preset switch" like a stomp box. So long as I don´t change the preset the status of the pitch block would be remained independent which scene I select.
That would be very fine.
There are a couple of ways you can do this already. Assign a control switch as the modifier for the bypass state. Make sure the presets have the control switch set to "Last". Or you can use a controller as the modifier for the bypass state then assign an external switch to that controller. When using a momentary switch with an FC make sure you set them for virtual toggle.

guitarnerdswe

Fractal Fanatic
I really must bump this. I'd love to be able to have certain blocks (or their channels) static when switching scenes. I for instance, like to have the channel switching of certain blocks, like phaser, tremolo, drive and delay, not change with scenes.

If I select my slap delay in channel A, then I want that slap delay to stay put, even if I switch amps via scenes around it. PLEASE PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE CLIFF :innocent:

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
The name Scene Bypass Block is confusing. The way I'd design this feature would be with a LOCK against scenes. When LOCK SCENE BYPASS is on, the Scene won't change the Bypass State of the block. When LOCK SCENE CHANNEL is on, a Scene won't change the Channel of the block. Only Scenes would be locked out: you'd always be able to change bypass or channel manually with a front panel control, via MIDI, the editor, FC Controller, etc.

Last edited:

Rex

Legend!
The name Scene Bypass Block is confusing. The way I'd design this feature would be with a LOCK against scenes. When LOCK SCENE BYPASS is on, the Scene won't change the Bypass State of the block. When LOCK SCENE CHANNEL is on, a Scene won't change the Channel of the block. Only Scenes would be locked out: you'd always be able to change bypass or channel manually with a front panel control, via MIDI, the editor, FC Controller, etc.
Consider calling it a "Scene Lockout." The phrase "Lock Scene" could be interpreted a couple of different ways.

guitarnerdswe

Fractal Fanatic
Agreed, your name is better than mine ;) Really hope this will make it in!

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
This request is known and understood. There's no real reason need to ask again, I think.

Top Bottom