Wish Ability to disable and/or reassign the reveal button

xpenno

Power User
Hi all,

firstly I have to own up, I have big clumsy feet! As a result I would be very interested in having the ability to disable the reveal button and/or reassign it to a CC. I don't use reveal day to day and sometimes I accidentally hit it without noticing, shortly after chaos usually ensues.....

The other option would be the ability to put a 2s delay on it's activation but I'd prefer another cc up in that corner if possible :)

Cheers

Spence

I second this wish. I use the MFC as purely a midi pedal (I don't own an Axe FX). My understanding is that while using only midi, the "Reveal" button can not be used for anything. Is this correct?

I've started a couple of "wish list" discussion threads, asking if the rightmost row of buttons could be disabled or moved. I haven't had an authoritative response on it, so I don't know if it's possible. My solution has been to use a magnetic label tag (such the ones from Kicktags) and cement a 1/2" PVC pipe cap to it. That way I can just place the magnetic label over the button and cover it, essentially disabling it physically, and preventing me from accidentally getting into a weird mode onstage. When I want to use the button, I just lift off the magnetic label.

I've started a couple of "wish list" discussion threads, asking if the rightmost row of buttons could be disabled or moved. I haven't had an authoritative response on it, so I don't know if it's possible. My solution has been to use a magnetic label tag (such the ones from Kicktags) and cement a 1/2" PVC pipe cap to it. That way I can just place the magnetic label over the button and cover it, essentially disabling it physically, and preventing me from accidentally getting into a weird mode onstage. When I want to use the button, I just lift off the magnetic label.
This is a stroke of genius. I am so using this idea for myself. Thanks so much!

I second this wish. I use the MFC as purely a midi pedal (I don't own an Axe FX). My understanding is that while using only midi, the "Reveal" button can not be used for anything. Is this correct?

I don't think so...I believe REVEAL will let you toggle from "Preset" to "IA".

From the manual page 29:

5.5 Reveal

When REVEAL is turned ON, any footswitch set up for PRESET selection (see Bank Size on p. 17) will perform its assigned IA SWITCH function instead. As of MFC-101 firmware 3.0, the default setting causes footswitches 1–5 to become direct “SCENE SELECT” switches.

Tap the REVEAL footswitch to turn this feature ON or OFF. The REVEAL LED will blink when the MFC-101 is in Reveal mode.

Reveal works the same in all performance modes (PRESET, SONG, and SET) and whether Axe-Fx mode is ON or OFF.

It is possible to change the current BANK or SONG while Reveal is activated, but if Bank Style (p. 18) is set to “NONE” you’ll need to exit REVEAL and press a preset footswitch before a preset will be loaded.

In Axe-Fx Mode, press and hold the the REVEAL footswitch to enter LOOPER CONTROL MODE (see p.79). Tap REVEAL again to return to normal performance mode.

Back
Top Bottom