Ability to choose default front display

Randall d

Experienced
Is there any setting that will cause the prefered page (e.g. the Perform Screen) to automatically load on the front panel whenever turning on the AxeIII?

It is a few clicks of the page-right button after boot-up. It would be nice to be able to select the screen that it displays after boot-up. Maybe I will put it on the Wish List.

I thought it was a joke about Zawinski’s law: “every program attempts to expand until it can read mail.”

but according to cliff, apparently in early versions of the architecture it did actually check mail between the CPUs or something.

Well, since I use the Global one it is two clicks to be precise, but I am not sure what your point is for posting on this thread. Do you think you are being helpful by pointing out that it is easy to get to? I already know it is not difficult to do; but it would be nice if there was an option to select what screen was the default screen after boot-up so I don't need to wait for the unit to finish booting upi to switch. So even if Cliff puts this in as a setup option, you don't need to make use of it if you don't want. I think it would be a handy option. If you don't think so I don't see your point in posting on this thread.

Seriously dude, you're asking for a sowtware change to shortcut one click. Hardly worth the change from Fractal

One click 😉
It isn't. It's only one click if that is the page you viewed previously.

I use my AF-III and in practice. When I need to make an amp tweak, anything I can do to get to the amp/eq settings quickly is a plus. I get enough funny looks when I am tweaking my modeling "computer". This will be just as important on the FM3 (and it needs a larger text mode).

It isn't. It's only one click if that is the page you viewed previously.

I use my AF-III and in practice. When I need to make an amp tweak, anything I can do to get to the amp/eq settings quickly is a plus. I get enough funny looks when I am tweaking my modeling "computer". This will be just as important on the FM3 (and it needs a larger text mode).
The wish specifically is for a certain screen on power up. It’s always one page right for per preset perform from there.

from anywhere else it’s 2: home, page right.

One thing I miss is the click assignments of the 5 edit buttons. One used to go to Amp1 and I used it often. I think it goes to FC settings now which is not something I would tweak on the fly at a gig. Going to the layout and navigating to the amp is fairly involved. Being able to assign these shortcuts would be handy... might add it to the wishlist. I know I could use performance tabs for this, but easily getting to the amp was nice.

The wish specifically is for a certain screen on power up. It’s always one page right for per preset perform from there.

from anywhere else it’s 2: home, page right.
Good point. I took it a bit off topic. :)

Although, being able to assign default is a good idea, too. For those rare reboot or power loss situations.

One thing I miss is the click assignments of the 5 edit buttons. One used to go to Amp1 and I used it often. I think it goes to FC settings now which is not something I would tweak on the fly at a gig. Going to the layout and navigating to the amp is fairly involved. Being able to assign these shortcuts would be handy... might add it to the wishlist. I know I could use performance tabs for this, but easily getting to the amp was nice.
Helix has a dedicated Amp button, goes to first amp block, press again cycles through all of them, which is great.

As it stands, I press Edit repeatedly, but that's not super efficient, especially in complex presets with many blocks.

Back
Top Bottom