Wish Ability to change external switch functions per layout

Randall d

Experienced
I would like the option to change the function of my external switches based on the layout I am on. So in essence with my FM3 I would have 5 fully functional switches (except for the LED's and scribble strips on the external switches of course).

For example: if I was on my preset layout I could use my 2 external switches for bank up and bank down, but then in my scenes layout (or any other layout) the external switches would have different functions (such as tap tempo, or layout change).

Oops, you are right. I didn't notice that when I posted. I think the way I worded it is more easily understood by a more novice user though. Either way, I think it would be a powerful feature that a lot of people would end up using because of the very limited number of switches on the FM3. I don't want to carry an FM3/FC6/expression pedal combo; it is too big. I do have a FC6 for my Axe III, but don't want to have to carry that big of a board with the FM3. I permanently mount my stuff to a board and the FM3/Boss FS7/expression pedal (all prewired) is the perfect size. Having the option to change the function of external switches per layout would be a very powerful feature in a compact setup like this.

As I read it, not the same thing. A stand-in functions as a specific switch in a specific layout. It is a one-to-one relationship. The wish here is to have the external/stand-in switch be the full counterpart of a FC switch minus the LED and scribble strip.

A more complete discussion can be found here: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/can-external-stand-in-switches-follow-layouts.166915/

I would like the option to change the function of my external switches based on the layout I am on. So in essence with my FM3 I would have 5 fully functional switches (except for the LED's and scribble strips on the external switches of course).

For example: if I was on my preset layout I could use my 2 external switches for bank up and bank down, but then in my scenes layout (or any other layout) the external switches would have different functions (such as tap tempo, or layout change).
+100

I just got a Mosky dual foot switch and quickly found it of limited use because of this limitation. External foot switch functionality should be changeable based on the layout used.

+1.
Just got my first fc6 today. I read about stand-in switches before to learn what I can do and what I'll need. but did not learn about this one but ugly limitation. Not that happy about this :| hope it will be added soon.

Can I plus one again? +1

My external foot switch sits mostly unused because I can't do the things I want with it as is. Things like +1/-1 no matter if in preset, scene or effects layouts.

+1 to keep this on top ;) Just convinced someone to get a FM3, flexible setup for the external switches will take it from slightly annoying to really strong! :D

+1 to keep this on top ;) Just convinced someone to get a FM3, flexible setup for the external switches will take it from slightly annoying to really strong! :D
Giving my two or four external switches the same per layout flexible as the built in switches would make the FM3 a dramatically better product IMO. Hope this gets added soon.

Back
Top Bottom