Closed Ability to change default views/ whats on the screen in a layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

fsharpminor

Inspired
What I mean is that i could make the unit itself show the bank that the current preset is in when you select a presets layout, while the footswitches would show the three (or six or 12) available and still have the scrolling functions when holding a switch.

With "show" you mean on the "show on the screen"?
Because as far as I know, this already is what is happening in the "PRESET" layout. This layout may be an inspiration if you want to program something similar.

With "show" you mean on the "show on the screen"?
Because as far as I know, this already is what is happening in the "PRESET" layout. This layout may be an inspiration if you want to program something similar.
Maybe I wasnt clear, I meant all of the presets in the bank that you are currently working in. The same page that you can access by pressing the page button on the unit itself. This does not happen in the current preset layout.

Alright, now I understand.

But don't be confused with "Banks" and the "Preset View" page:
The banks are a "virtual" subdivision of all the presets you see on the "preset view" page.

To be clear: "preset view" will show you as much presets as the display can show. The "banks" in e.g. "PRESET" layout are subdivisions, e.g. for a bank size of 3 a "bank" inside the unit is defined by preset 000-002, 003-005 etc.
This "bank" definition is afaik solely used for the FCs.

On the AX8, there was no dedicated "preset view" page, you've seen a bank view in the display, and that's it. This is different in the FM3.

Alright, now I understand.

But don't be confused with "Banks" and the "Preset View" page:
The banks are a "virtual" subdivision of all the presets you see on the "preset view" page.

To be clear: "preset view" will show you as much presets as the display can show. The "banks" in e.g. "PRESET" layout are subdivisions, e.g. for a bank size of 3 a "bank" inside the unit is defined by preset 000-002, 003-005 etc.
This "bank" definition is afaik solely used for the FCs.

On the AX8, there was no dedicated "preset view" page, you've seen a bank view in the display, and that's it. This is different in the FM3.
That’s right, apologies if my description wasn’t clear. In normal English, what I am looking for is a way to see the list of presets that you see by navigating ‘page Right’ in the home screen, when you are in the presets layout. Is that a better decription?

Yup, gotta watch the word “bank.” It specifically means the “group” of presets that show on the preset footswitches. You can set the bank size to 3 to match the 3 switches, 6 to match the FC6, or any other number.

you want the Preset list to appear and show the preset you’re on.

Yup, gotta watch the word “bank.” It specifically means the “group” of presets that show on the preset footswitches. You can set the bank size to 3 to match the 3 switches, 6 to match the FC6, or any other number.

you want the Preset list to appear and show the preset you’re on.
Concise, accurate and clear! Thanks Chris. Here's wishing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom