1. Recent events require us to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice

Wish Ability to always run two reverbs

Discussion in 'FX8 Wish List' started by Budda, May 6, 2018.

1. Budda

Budda
    Expand Collapse
    Apprentice

I play in a "post-hardcore" band where I commonly use more than two reverb sounds, and I have found that I quickly run out of CPU if I have two reverb blocks + two delay blocks + two drive blocks. Switching between presets to have 4 distinct reverb sounds in one song isn't ideal in a live situation.

I'm hoping that updates to the FX8 include the power to run both reverb blocks pretty much regardless of what other effects are in the preset. I realize that this mostly affects users who play in ambience-oriented projects.

2. iaresee

iaresee
    Expand Collapse

There are some tricks you can use to pull more reverb out of the lower horse-power units like the FX8 and AX8.

Have you tried turning down the Echo Density on the reverb? That can get you back a bunch of power. You can usually run live with a 2 or 3 setting here without it really being anything people notice.

Also, don't discount the less-power hungry reverb algorithms. There's enough ability to make them sound huge and wash-y but using less of the DSP. Here's an example:

3. Budda

Budda
    Expand Collapse
    Apprentice

I haven't touched settings since we left for tour. I will look into it when we get back!

it's gotta be the right type of huge and washy ;) - and I still want to be able to use two even if they're the high-CPU type!