Wish ABCDE Modifier Mode

Axe-Master
After toying with the front panel controls, one feature I would get a lot of use out of would be a foot switchable "modifier mode" for the ABCDE knobs; that is the ability to assign ABCDE controls as modifiers, with a footswitchable graphical display that displays the values of each parameter.

For example, setting foot switch 8 to turn this mode on and to have each control assigned (and visible) as

A - Drive block drive parameter
B - Phaser rate parameter
C - Delay feedback parameter
D - Reverb decay parameter
E - Filter output level parameter

During a performance this would allow instant access to whichever parameters the user needs to tweak a lot and add a stomp box style feel to the UI. When editing blocks from the front panel and in the grid the ABCDE knobs would need to retain their usual functions, hence the wish to have this mode foot switchable.

The Axe-Fx II has this capability, but the AX8 doesn't. And I think that's a good thing. During a performance, I don't want to be that guy who holds up the show by kneeling on the floor with one hand on my gear. :)

It's not so bad with rack-mounted gear, where you can remain standing. But I'll still do whatever I can to avoid having to turn knobs during a show.

Last edited:
The Axe-Fx II has this capability, but the AX8 doesn't. And I think that's a good thing. During a performance, I don't want to that guy who holds up the show by kneeling on the floor with one hand on my gear. :)

It's not so bad with rack-mounted gear, where you can remain standing. But I'll still do whatever I can to avoid having to turn knobs during a show.

I'm the same, I try to fiddle with settings as little as possible. In the event I do have to tweak something instant access is always handy, plus there's certain fun things you can do with physical pedals (e.g delay self oscillation) where leaning over to twist knobs.

Back
Top Bottom