Implemented ABCDE Knob Programming

Satch4u3

Experienced
It would be awesome to have the ability to program what parameters these knob control, while at say, the home screen. For example parameters like bass, mid, treble, presence, gain or master.

That's on the to-do list but hasn't been implemented yet. Soon.
Hey Cliff!
Actually, given that the new controls below the display on the III can be pushed in to select an alternate function, could you go one further and allow us to configue them so that they actually function as 10 total "quick controls"?

For example, and to take Satch4u3's request as a starting point, I for one would love to be able to set these contols up as follows...

Normal (not pushed in) = A. Bass B. Middle C. Treble D. Presence E. Gain (amp block volume)
Pressed/B Mode = A. Resonance B. Mid Frequency C. Mid Sweep D. Master E. Solo Master

Or....another cool scenario for us users and abusers of the Mark Series 5 Band.
Pressed/B Mode = A. 80 B. 240 C. 750 D. 2200 E. 6600

That's on the to-do list but hasn't been implemented yet. Soon.

Is improving external controller support anywhere on the list? 3rd party tools can map any Axe-Fx 2 parameter to external knob controllers but both the hardware UI and Axe-Edit limit it to very few controls and only 12 external controllers. In my experience even with the 2 there is no need for these limitations, maybe apply separate ones for modifiers that use LFOs and whatnot.

I have a perfectly good MIDI knob controller here that I could use to get 17 knobs of real-time control over the device but I need my own software to do that just because of an artificial limitation.

I believe a performance mode was mentioned in another thread that would allow custom setup of the knobs, then back to normal in edit mode. Would be cool if you could customize the display also in perform mode.

just curious, do you change the 5 band that often?

Depends on the venue and sometimes an upcoming tune on the setlist. For example, when playing a tune that's a bit more rock, I will cut 80hz and 6600khz a bit to make the overall rhythm sound less pronounced/aggressive. The amount of that cut or boost will also vary by venue/stage volume/rig interaction with the stage (some stages are boomy, some not), etc and, it would be nice to not have to go menu diving between songs just to do a quick tweak for the next tune.

Resurrecting - I'm wondering if this would accomplish the same thing as my wish - that I could replace the "Bright" switch on the top row of the Tone page for Amp block with Master Volume. I use Master Volume all the time when dialing in patches, and I hardly ever touch Bright except maybe once. It's annoying having to switch rows back and forth when adjusting Master Volume vs Input Drive and Tone controls.

Reactions: yek
Resurrecting - I'm wondering if this would accomplish the same thing as my wish - that I could replace the "Bright" switch on the top row of the Tone page for Amp block with Master Volume. I use Master Volume all the time when dialing in patches, and I hardly ever touch Bright except maybe once. It's annoying having to switch rows back and forth when adjusting Master Volume vs Input Drive and Tone controls.

Essentially I would think yes because you would become able to assign the 10 controls
On the front globally to any parameters you want
So Bright Switch Fat switch
Master Locut hicut from cabs

Back
Top Bottom