"Ab-Synth" Preset - Spacey/Weird/Textures/Droney (6 Scenes w/audio demo)

Kablesp

Hey Guys,

I started out making this patch wanting to do something weird and different, so I decided not to use an amp at all. Most of the tones have a lot of reverb and delay making them more useful for effect/background type stuff in a recording. I can imagine some of these tones following a standard guitar or bass track and adding a lot to it when mixed in properly. You decide where it works, or if its useful.

I must say, the scenes with the Synth block take a lot of control to minimize glitching and octave up effects (if you dont want that), but it makes me concentrate harder on playing cleaner and to not play two notes at the same time. I had a lot of success using one finger and sliding around a single string. Minimizes a lot of movement and noise between strings.

Each clip is a different scene from 1-6. Created with a Les Paul, the tone controls on the guitar are really useful with this.

Patch Information:
CPU Usage: 80-84% (comes close but won't cut out with these settings...some other reverb and delay types will overload the CPU)
NOTE: Keep an eye on the on the Level Control in the Output block so you do not clip.
Preset: Ab-Synth
Scene 1: Synth Wash Flange
Scene 2: Washy Dirt Flange
Scene 3: Synth Wash Vibrato
Scene 4: Space Wash Guitar
Scene 5: Organ Synth Droney
Scene 6: Spaced Guitar Organ

'Ab-Synth'_FM3 Preset_KTones SS.jpg

Attachments

• 'Ab-Synth'_FM3 Preset_KTones.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 43
Last edited: