Aaron Marshall, Intervals - Axe-Fx III Rig Rundown & Tone Tour

That lasted about a hot minute. No word (that I have seen) as to why he switched back to Fractal for his live rig after the last run.
When FAS posted a picture of him with axe on insta, one guy in comments said that Aaron changes gear as fast as clothes. To him he replied that , he thinks both qc and fractal axe 3 are great units, but for what interval does the fractal and the rack suits them better and that he's played on axe fx all life long.

It's great to see the guys coming back to Fractal from NDSP (QC). QC is, in my opinion, overhyped. Customers who bought it (including me) soon found out the reality. I'm talking about updates, adding promised features, and overall customer support. I own 4 Fractal units, among others, and it makes you realize all the more how amazing Fractal's support and speed of updates is.

I was told stereo doesn't make sense in FOH ;)

I think that it depends highly on the venue. I saw Steve Vai in a smallish theatre (1500 capacity) and he used a stereo mix for the show. It sounded really great in the venue. I'm not so sure how it would translate to a much larger venue where the speakers are spread apart a lot more and more directional. I would say that it depends.

Depends on speaker deployment. Irrelevant if average listener doesn’t receive a balanced stereo experience.
And it also depends on listener location, but I’ve been to quite a few shows where all variables aligned and it was an amazing experience.

I think he briefly mentioned the chorus and delays being after the IRs. But relative to the cabs on stage, is he splitting signal to run to the real cabs before all of the post-IR processing? Are the cabs there for more stage "vibe" anyways since I'm assuming the whole band is running in-ears?

Aaron's rig rundown a couple years ago actually made me purchase another FM3. I don't actually listen to Intervals all that much but hearing him talk through how he uses it made me miss some of those amps and effects when I had the Axe 3. And another video by @2112 got me to sell my Kemper to buy an Axe 3 previous to that, because of the sheer power and all the cool models and improvements over the last generation.

I'm curious how he's setting that chorus though, is the depth turned down lower to keep it wide rather than swirly?

I think he briefly mentioned the chorus and delays being after the IRs. But relative to the cabs on stage, is he splitting signal to run to the real cabs before all of the post-IR processing? Are the cabs there for more stage "vibe" anyways since I'm assuming the whole band is running in-ears?

He did another video recently where he talked about the importance of stage fill, because there's no PA speaker for the crowd near the front middle of the stage.

I actually noticed that at a new venue that opened last year, where all of the sound came from the far edges of the stage (where the PA towers were), so you are much better off standing further back.

And of course a month ago I saw Jawbreaker and a couple other 90's punk bands all using real Marshall amps onstage and the sound at the front was much better.

Hahah this is the 2nd artist in the last month who's QC endorsement obligation ended and immediately switched back to Fractal. Man, that's gotta' be rough to watch artists you paid to use your product jump ship as soon as they're free to do so...
It kinda reminds me of the whole explosion of interest in Krank amplifiers circa 2000. Lots of money thrown around overhyping them and then it all imploded.

Back
Top Bottom