A Virtual Effects Loop on the Amp Block

Would you like to have a virtual effects loop on the amp block?

• Total voters

Zelja

Inspired
The idea would be to sit this between the pre-amp and power amp sections of a standard amp block.

This would allow, among other things, the following:

1) The ability to take just the pre-amp of another amp & mix it with the pre-amp of the other amp & use the one power amp for both stages. This would mimic the channel jumpering possibilities of Normal & Brilliant channels on Marshalls, Voxs, Hiwatts etc, which I don't think we can really do now.

2) Allow insertion of EQ blocks between the pre-amp & power amp e.g. you have an EQ wich cuts bass before the pre-amp and another one to boost the bass afterwards, so you can get a cleaner bass & overdriven highs (I know you can do this now with the EQ after the amp block, but it may be a different response with the EQ before the power amp).

Don't even know if this is possible but just putting it out there.

Zelja said:
The idea would be to sit this between the pre-amp and power amp sections of a standard amp block.

This would allow, among other things, the following:

1) The ability to take just the pre-amp of another amp & mix it with the pre-amp of the other amp & use the one power amp for both stages. This would mimic the channel jumpering possibilities of Normal & Brilliant channels on Marshalls, Voxs, Hiwatts etc, which I don't think we can really do now.

2) Allow insertion of EQ blocks between the pre-amp & power amp e.g. you have an EQ wich cuts bass before the pre-amp and another one to boost the bass afterwards, so you can get a cleaner bass & overdriven highs (I know you can do this now with the EQ after the amp block, but it may be a different response with the EQ before the power amp).

Don't even know if this is possible but just putting it out there.
This join another thread that we talked about ability to have a PREAMP block then a POWER AMP separate block. Cliff told that's impossible because of the Axe-FX software architecture.

So, I like the idea, but it's not possible to do.

Back
Top Bottom