A Universe of Petrucci

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
I am coming to you live from John Petrucci’s Guitar Universe 2018!

This year’s camp is bigger and better than any other summer session I have ever attended. Last night we had an improvised “Fractal Audio breakout session” in the main Embassy Room, where I was delighted to present the Axe Fx III and FC-12 to a large group of Fractal Audio die-hard fans and curious newcomers. Special thanks to virtuoso Jason Richardson for playing for the crowd! His own mini-concert was performed Monday night through the Axe-Fx III, which he has been working with for several weeks.

Following this we were treated to incredible performances by some of the greatest players in the universe. Guthrie Govan was stunningly entertaining. Or was it entertainingly stunning? (He played through the AX8 in either case.) Tosin Abasi could impress anyone, anywhere, anytime. It’s great to reconnect with him and hear that he is excited about the Axe-Fx III as he prepares to record new material! Andy James has a touch unlike any other and scores a perfect 10.0 every time. Jon Finn and Jon Petrucci played masterfully through their own Axe-Fx rigs, and legendary bassist Dave Larue brought his own FX8 to the jam. Every fret on every instrument hung on for dear life under the flying fingers of these geniuses. A veritable Armashreddon unfolded when all took the stage at the same time to close the show. I’ll need to take some time alone in a quiet place after that to prepare myself for what promises to be a spectacular performance tonight by Al DiMeola.

But first... Today and tomorrow, I am set up with a full array of Fractal Audio products in room 111. Bring your guitars and come play, or place your online orders for our products directly with me. These events tend to be a whirlwind but I will try to take some pictures and share them with you here today.

Never happened till we see the video! ;) And some video of magic being worked with the FC controller would be nice.

OK Fine have fun anyway!

Last edited:
Awesome! Sounds gloriously fun. Is Guthrie using the Friedman amp model in his AX8 for his core sound and then using his volume control knob from guitar for the rest?

I am coming to you live from John Petrucci’s Guitar Universe 2018!

This year’s camp is bigger and better than any other summer session I have ever attended. Last night we had an improvised “Fractal Audio breakout session” in the main Embassy Room, where I was delighted to present the Axe Fx III and FC-12 to a large group of Fractal Audio die-hard fans and curious newcomers. Special thanks to virtuoso Jason Richardson for playing for the crowd! His own mini-concert was performed Monday night through the Axe-Fx III, which he has been working with for several weeks.

Following this we were treated to incredible performances by some of the greatest players in the universe. Guthrie Govan was stunningly entertaining. Or was it entertainingly stunning? (He played through the AX8 in either case.) Tosin Abasi could impress anyone, anywhere, anytime. It’s great to reconnect with him and hear that he is excited about the Axe-Fx III as he prepares to record new material! Andy James has a touch unlike any other and scores a perfect 10.0 every time. Jon Finn and Jon Petrucci played masterfully through their own Axe-Fx rigs, and legendary bassist Dave Larue brought his own FX8 to the jam. Every fret on every instrument hung on for dear life under the flying fingers of these geniuses. A veritable Armashreddon unfolded when all took the stage at the same time to close the show. I’ll need to take some time alone in a quiet place after that to prepare myself for what promises to be a spectacular performance tonight by Al DiMeola.

But first... Today and tomorrow, I am set up with a full array of Fractal Audio products in room 111. Bring your guitars and come play, or place your online orders for our products directly with me. These events tend to be a whirlwind but I will try to take some pictures and share them with you here today.
See if you can get some time with Doug Doppler... Let him see the difference between the Helix (that he's using) and the Axe Fx III. Tell him Kevin sent you :)

Tell him I love him and thanks for changing my life like an awakening 20 years ago!

But yeah, sure we need guitar videos too :D
And barbecues

So great to meet you Matt! You exude your passion for the product unlike anybody I've ever seen do for any company, and it really goes to show that you guys are cutting zero corners doing what you believe in. I was already a big fan, but I was seriously impressed :)

I second Mitch, Matt is the nicest guy. Such a good rep for the products.
On the video question, we were told in no uncertain terms that publishing any of the performances or lessons online was a strict no-no. (Pictures okay).
My takeaway from the whole event is that JP's master classes alone are worth the price of admission. You are drinking from the figurative firehose for three days. JP's tone also is something to experience live. He's using the Axe-Fx (the II still) in his JP touring rig at least, for four different stereo delays (one at a time). He's in stereo on stage and through the PA. Tone is MASSIVE. No noise gate, no reverb. No mention of a drive pedal in front of the Boogies either.
The artist performances were outstanding too (if not too short), my personal favs were JP himself, Jason, Andy, and Guthrie.
Jason and Tosin are both very humble and approachable. If you are into technical metal, check out Jason's YT movies.

I second Mitch, Matt is the nicest guy. Such a good rep for the products.
On the video question, we were told in no uncertain terms that publishing any of the performances or lessons online was a strict no-no. (Pictures okay).
My takeaway from the whole event is that JP's master classes alone are worth the price of admission. You are drinking from the figurative firehose for three days. JP's tone also is something to experience live. He's using the Axe-Fx (the II still) in his JP touring rig at least, for four different stereo delays (one at a time). He's in stereo on stage and through the PA. Tone is MASSIVE. No noise gate, no reverb. No mention of a drive pedal in front of the Boogies either.
The artist performances were outstanding too (if not too short), my personal favs were JP himself, Jason, Andy, and Guthrie.
Jason and Tosin are both very humble and approachable. If you are into technical metal, check out Jason's YT movies.
Glad you had a good time. Your comments sound very similar to my experiences at The G4 Experience and Vai Academy.

The DreamCatcher crew are good people, too.

Did you get a chance to attend any jams or sessions with Doug? Super talented, very approachable and down to earth.

Did you get a chance to attend any jams or sessions with Doug? Super talented, very approachable and down to earth.

I did go to one of Doug's lessons on ear training. I felt he tried to cram too much into one hour. He did seem like a very nice guy, and obviously is a great player.

Back
Top Bottom