Wish a true challege for Cliff... Metasonix

recently tube guru/ anti guitarist Eric Barbour (metasonix) posted schematics of some of his pedals on muffwiggler, including the TX-1 Agonizer, TX-2 Butt probe, TX-3 iC@nt, TM-3 dual VCO, TM-5 all pentode guitar preamp, TM-7 Scrotum Smasher,
the following Tubes are used
TX1 12AU6 PENTODE , 13Z10 COMPACTRON PENTODE & GATED-BEAM DISCRIMINATOR, NEON Lamp
TX2 4BN6 GATED-BEAM DISCRIMINATOR
TX3 EF97 PENTODE, EF98 PENTODE
TM3 2d21/5727 THYRATRON FOR RELAY AND GRID-CONTROLLED RECTIFIER APPLICATIONS
TM5 6AK5 SHARP-CUTOFF PENTODE, 6BN6 GATED-BEAM DISCRIMINATOR
TM7 6AK5 SHARP-CUTOFF PENTODE, 6BN6 GATED-BEAM DISCRIMINATOR

these effects are quite literally the anti pristine tone pedals, and having them in the axe fx would be very awesome

Attachments

• metasonix schem.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 30
Here is a recording I did using the TM5 directly in to my computer, I do also drive it with a Fortin 33 pedal, it's very Mick Gordon Doom I do use a 8 string, the playing is just messing around, and with the Metasonix pedals, they are not very articulate, so just blunt playing is required

Last edited:
“Not very articulate” pretty much sums up every piece of Metasonix gear I’ve ever heard. It’s like you took a sledgehammer to your gear, intending to accept whatever sound resulted from that act.

To me, the most interesting aspect of Metasonix stuff is the rude-‘n’-crude artwork, and that’s a one-trick gag that gets old in a hurry. But to each his own, I guess.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom