AFIII A song 50 years in the making...

sheky

Experienced
My dad is always writing songs, usually zany, but always creative. I heard him singing this a few years ago, I thought it was sweet. He says he probably came up with it around 1970. So one weekend when he was over, I set up a click track and a mic and had him sing it and now, finally got around to putting music to it. I used my Yamaha sa2200 hollowbody and everything is through the Princeton AA964.

Very nice - put a smile on my face. Sometimes happy and light is just what the doctor ordered.
Nice job on the guitar as well !

My dad is always writing songs, usually zany, but always creative. I heard him singing this a few years ago, I thought it was sweet. He says he probably came up with it around 1970. So one weekend when he was over, I set up a click track and a mic and had him sing it and now, finally got around to putting music to it. I used my Yamaha sa2200 hollowbody and everything is through the Princeton AA964.

Great tune!

Its great to see a father and son doing a project together like that. its got like a stray cats style to it. just give it a little bit more reverb and it would be Brian Setzer style. Good job.

Its great to see a father and son doing a project together like that. its got like a stray cats style to it. just give it a little bit more reverb and it would be Brian Setzer style. Good job.

Thanks! I was debating whether to use more reverb.
What is that song?
Not sure if you're asking that to me or Rickster about his Stray Cats video. If you're asking me, it's a song my father wrote many years ago.

Back
Top Bottom