A Shout Out to Atomic Amps Service

quark

Experienced
I was playing bass through one of my CLR's and noticed a rattle whenever I played the low E String. Sent an email to Atomic Amps Service and almost immediately received a reply from Atomic with suggestions on what to check out. When none of the obvious solutions panned out, I received a call in very short order from Tom King himself ( the owner ). He happened to be on a road trip but took the time to call me and offered some more details on what to look at. I ended up doing a recording comparing my 2 CLR's and a bass amp, so that Tom could hear what I was hearing. After listening, he thought it might very well be the high frequency driver. They are sending out a replacement part free of charge and put me in contact with their operations manager to help me do the install myself so that I don't have to ship it out to them. I hope this is the fix but whether it is or not, I can only say that I am VERY IMPRESSED with the service that I received from Atomic. Should also mention that this amp is well out of the warranty period.

Last edited:
This is good to hear! I have 2 CLR's and love them, so hearing your experience really puts the cherry on top!

Do you have the Neo MkII or an older version CLR?

I've spoken with Tom a couple of times & he is a really nice guy. Very helpful. Atomic is a very small company that really cares about their customers.

This is good to hear! I have 2 CLR's and love them, so hearing your experience really puts the cherry on top!

Do you have the Neo MkII or an older version CLR?
I have the original older CLR. A few years ago I had a problem with one of the amps and the service was similar. My unit was out of warranty but they shipped out a replacement amp in very short order and again with no charge since we weren't that far out from the warranty.

Ditto here - they fixed an intermittent problem I had with one of the connecting cables quickly - not a problem since :)

Back
Top Bottom