a selection of FR/FR ......but i need a choice

fafakiwi

Experienced
Hi everyone ,
i ve posted a thread few days ago as i ve the intention to replace my H8S from yamaha ......
i had few answers , more than i expected and i thank you all for that !!!!
it has helped me to take a look , select , and supprim certain products.
i want these monitors essentially for a home utility , play at low , bed room volume but also with the possibilty to push them a bit !!!! play along backing tracks and sometimes with musicians at home !!!!!
i put away all great FR/FR from well known trade marks as Adam, Neuman , Genelec , Focal as for mre these monitors are primarly dedicated to studio engineering, i want something which was especially created for the Axe, to give it the best possibilites to express it s fantastic qualities....
so here s my selection , i like you know to help me to compare these and give me your opinion , and what are the differences if you have the chance to have one of this product or to have test one of them
here s the list:
-Atomic CLR FR/FR neo wedge
-RCF NX10sma (thanks Simeon !!!!!)
-Matrix Q12A
Matrix FR 12 or FR10
it s a huge budget as i intend to buy both !!!! for stereo
an other aspect is that the Atomic are difficult to have in Europe , others products are available....
thanks for your answers one more time!!!!!
Fafa

I'll suggest you consider adding the RCF NX12SMA to your possibilities list. Not quite as small as the NX10, it's an awesome sounding monitor that has been trouble free for me in regular gigging for years now. @merlin17 suggested it originally (or at least he was the first who put me on to it) and I've never looked back.

If money is truly no factor, look at Meyer Sound. Fractal Audio themselves used Meyer monitors at the LA Amp Show and, to quote Joe Rogers, the sound was "absolutely crushing."

I'll suggest you consider adding the RCF NX12SMA to your possibilities list. Not quite as small as the NX10, it's an awesome sounding monitor that has been trouble free for me in regular gigging for years now. @merlin17 suggested it originally (or at least he was the first who put me on to it) and I've never looked back.

If money is truly no factor, look at Meyer Sound. Fractal Audio themselves used Meyer monitors at the LA Amp Show and, to quote Joe Rogers, the sound was "absolutely crushing."
Thanks Rick
....money is a problem....
What are the differences between Nx12 and Nx10?? Not just power and size????

Yep, soundwise they're very similar.
I'm repeating myself, but try the Dynacord AXM-12a if you can, that's my choice at the moment. Cheaper than the RCF, lighter, smaller, more options/ inputs, wider dispersion, very flat and even response, IMO even a bit better sounding than the RCF (at least at higher volume where the RCF can get a bit piercing).

Out of everything I've owned, nothing has best the Atomic CLR for tone, even dispersion of sound over a wide stage area, the ability to get loud but also sound great playing at home, and form factor/size. Its pretty much perfect for what it was designed to do

If your playing bedroom volumes or even a bit higher those hs8's should be good to go. Don't know that you'll really get enough tone improvement for the money imo.

Thanks Djlynch ....
As I most play at home , the gap between the money and sound improvement is worrying me a bit .... but difficult to know as I m not able to test all these products...,

I use a pair of Yamaha DXR10 speakers for home and for gigging. They sound great and I've had no issues at all with the sound or reliability.

You can not beat the CLRs for your application, unless you are willing to pay 2.5-3 times more per monitor.

I did a review of the CLRs when they were first introduced and in it compared them to a few other speakers including the RCF NX10SMA, which I had when I got the CLRs.
I love the CLRs even more now than I did when I reviewed them.

A near perfect pro level monitor, seriously underpriced when comparing with the competition.

Here is the link for the review If you'd like to read it and the comments from many other CLR users

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/atomic-clr-sonic-bliss-in-depth-review.71961/

Best
RB

You can not beat the CLRs for your application, unless you are willing to pay 2.5-3 times more per monitor.

I did a review of the CLRs when they were first introduced and in it compared them to a few other speakers including the RCF NX10SMA, which I had when I got the CLRs.
I love the CLRs even more now than I did when I reviewed them.

A near perfect pro level monitor, seriously underpriced when comparing with the competition.

Here is the link for the review If you'd like to read it and the comments from many other CLR users

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/atomic-clr-sonic-bliss-in-depth-review.71961/

Best
RB
thanks RB
i ll take a look at the rewiew even i have an idea and an opinion on the CLR but as i said before not often available in Europe....;
they are really better than the RCF for you ??

thanks RB
i ll take a look at the rewiew even i have an idea and an opinion on the CLR but as i said before not often available in Europe....;
they are really better than the RCF for you ??

It's all in the review - I really liked the RCF when I had it, it a very good prosumer FRFR monitor, but yes I think the CLR is vastly and significantly better.
The CLR is a pro level monitor.

As far as I know Atomic is currently in the process of restocking the European shop - I intent to buy 2-3 more myself.

where are you from ??? and where did you buy your first CLR ????
i ll read the thread as soon as i ll have time , later !!!!! but i will !!!!!

Hi I have tryed the RCF NX10sma and did not like them at all, but i do like my qsc k10 and also the k12
I dont know how well they will work with bedroom level, i really never feel my monitors (and i have alot of different ones)
works well at bedroom level...headphones is probably better.

good luck on your quest...

Hi I have tryed the RCF NX10sma and did not like them at all, but i do like my qsc k10 and also the k12
I dont know how well they will work with bedroom level, i really never feel my monitors (and i have alot of different ones)
works well at bedroom level...headphones is probably better.

good luck on your quest...
Thanks Belfast
Tell me a bit more on your QSC k10 and k12 ???
Don t know them
Thanks!!!!

For years I used a pair KRK K-Rok monitors along with a Crown power amp.Notice, I did not say Rokits as that is a different beast that is inferior. I could deafen myself with that setup but sounds great at low volume too. You can find the monitors used for about $200/pair and the Crown power amp for about $200 as well. YMMV but if money is an issue then real studio monitors will sound great with the AF2.

Back
Top Bottom