A Schecter Guitar Project

Installed the hollow point intonation adjustment system. I can already tell I am going to LOVE this!

DSCF8396.JPG

Update: checked the large 62 string from the Mammoth Slinky String Set to make sure it fits through the hole in the tuner's peg, and it does 👌

The string also rests perfectly/beautifully in the nut slot. I'll check the height(s) later.

Last edited:
Waiting on parts and supplies is boring, bored, wanted to work on guitar a little so had to find something to do to it. So I cleaned the trem cavity, touch up painted the edge area where the cover goes, removed the claw. It is getting a brass claw and screws from KGC with a solderless ground connection. I'll use 22 gauge wire versus the thinner wire that was on there.

Again, bored, lol....

DSCF8398.JPG

Here is a video clip/sound of the Brimstone that is going in the bridge position.

The song list this guitar is being set up for:

D Drop C Tuning:
Disturbed - Stricken
Disturbed - The Night
Disturbed - Inside the Fire
Disturbed - Indestructible
Killswitch Engage - The End of Heartache
Killswitch Engage - My Curse
Killswitch Engage - Holy Diver
System of a Down - Aerials
Three Days Grace - Riot
Three Days Grace - Animal I Have Become

I purchased SinMix's Metal Pack for AXE FX III 🤘👌

Last edited:
Drilled the hole and installed the kill switch. It fits in the recessed hole - perfect. I'm not going to wire the switches red ring light.

DSCF8415.JPGDSCF8414.JPG

Last edited:
Installed a Tone Vise Keyless Nut Lock on one of the lockers. This will slightly ease changing from D Drop C and D Standard tunings.

DSCF8423.JPG

Last edited:
Surprise me and say something positive once in a while, lol. They work perfectly well -for me anyway.
Any tuner, even some broken ones can stay in tune perfectly if you tune up to the note. I just don't like the play in the worm gear that Grover always has. They do feel smooth but somewhat disconnected from the capstan. Once you have tried the Gotoh 510 Delta all other tuners feel like shit.

Any tuner, even some broken ones can stay in tune perfectly if you tune up to the note. I just don't like the play in the worm gear that Grover always has. They do feel smooth but somewhat disconnected from the capstan. Once you have tried the Gotoh 510 Delta all other tuners feel like shit.
+1. I haven’t found anything that beats those Gotohs.

I did not have success with the key tool. It would not fit well. Maybe I got a faulty one. I figure I would give these hollow points a try.

I will look into the Gotoh 510 Delta Tuners, thanks.

Got this pre-wired Switchcraft Output Jack for this guitar and installed the jack. Well, that parts done with-exciting huh!DSCF8490.JPG

DSCF8488.JPG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom