A Scenes control question

craiguitar

Power User
Having only one spare IA available to me on my MFC, I figured I'd set it to open Scene 2, so it would offer me the solution to open up a few more options in any given preset. However I've found that once I hit the Scene 2 IA, there's no way to quickly get back to scene 1. I mistakenly thought that hitting the same IA again would toggle back to Scene 1. Can I get it to do that?

From what I saw using mine last night..... It looks like you create your IA's (as you did) to switch between the scenes. So, if your preset is scene 1 and you only made a IA for scene 2 on that preset then you cannot use the same IA scene 2 to toggle between scene 1 and scene 2.
In your situation....you would have to hit the reveal and go back to the actual preset number.

Or, as an alternative change the scenes functions to use the (incr-decr) and you could have that flip between scenes that you have (you can flip between 1 and 2 like you want). Only thing I think...is it will flip between all 8 scenes even if you don't have them fine tuned (which also means that they have all blocks engaged as default)

Hope this helps.... I am still playing around with it myself. So, not sure if there may be other alternatives as well.

Thanks. But clicking the preset switch toggles me back to the preset I was previously in (I have it set that way on purpose, another feature I really like) not the one I am currently in.

I'm already using all the IA's in REVEAL mode, but to be honest I don't use them that much, because the extra switching into reveal mode causes me problems when forgetting to exit reveal mode again. (Something that happens mid-flow in a busy live gig).

You program a general function IA to switch between two scenes, using CC 34 plus the values of both scenes.

From what I saw using mine last night..... It looks like you create your IA's (as you did) to switch between the scenes. So, if your preset is scene 1 and you only made a IA for scene 2 on that preset then you cannot use the same IA scene 2 to toggle between scene 1 and scene 2.
In your situation....you would have to hit the reveal and go back to the actual preset number.

Or, as an alternative change the scenes functions to use the (incr-decr) and you could have that flip between scenes that you have (you can flip between 1 and 2 like you want). Only thing I think...is it will flip between all 8 scenes even if you don't have them fine tuned (which also means that they have all blocks engaged as default)

Hope this helps.... I am still playing around with it myself. So, not sure if there may be other alternatives as well.

Yes you're right. I'm going to need a rethink here. It's clear that in order to make Scenes work on the MFC, you need 2 x spare IA's to Increment up & down.
Having the IA set to select a single scene is therfore pointless if you haven't got a glut of available IA's.

You program a general function IA to switch between two scenes, using CC 34 plus the values of both scenes.

Was just thinking the same.... Figured there must be a way to assign it via MIDI to toggle between both! ;) beat me to it lol

Thanks Yek, your brain works on a whole other level to us mere mortals.
So.....I shall skulk off (somewhat humbled) to the manual and try to decipher what you just wrote.

Hi, I just did a firmware update on the MFC, and the MFC has 'forgotten' my CC# settings for the IA switch I had set up to toggle between Scenes 1 & 2.

So before I had the IA switch (IA15) set up to CC#43, and then had additional values set for scenes 1 & 2, but I can't remeber the CC values. Do I set the 'off' value to 001 and the 'on' value to something else? I can't remember......

scenes CC values are

CC#34-
value 0 = scene 1
value 1 = scene 2
value 2 = scene 3
etc.

so you'd setup the IA on CC#34, then Off = 0 and On = 1 - to toggle between scene 1 and 2.

OK done that part, and it 'kind of' works again, but the IA switch doesn't stay lit, and I have to press the switch several times to get it to change... I checked the IA switch in the setup menu and it's set to 'toggle' which I think is correct.

Back
Top Bottom