A review after two years

Discussion in 'Axe-Fx II Reviews' started by ChrisCG, Oct 31, 2016.

1. #1 ChrisCG, Oct 31, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
    ChrisCG

ChrisCG
    Expand Collapse
    Motivated

So I have had my Axe Fx XL for exactly two years as of today 10/31. I never really did a “review” so I thought I would do a small one on the second anniversary so forgive if this gets long winded I'll try to not go crazy. I think when I revived my Axe Fx we were on firmware 15 or maybe 16 some place in there. It took me a couple days to really get a good feel for the unit and I played through the factory presets like most people. But really I was just itching to start making my own tones. I will say using the Axe Fx in its most basic level is pretty easy and you can get great tones.

It took me about two months to really define what my sound was going to be. And now really I just make small adjustments as my tastes do change a little from time to time. There are only two things I wish we had and trust me these are in no way deal breakers for me. I wish we had a much better option for drop tuning and it would be great to have wireless option for the MFC. As I said the tones were great back in fw 15 but now at Quantum 5.02 just wow I can't imagine anyone being able to tell the difference anymore. And the effects are amazing especially the reverbs they are so articulate and transparent certainly one of the best features the Axe has to offer.

Lastly the community and Costumer support. This forum is just simply amazing and that is due to all you fine people who dwell here daily. You guys all know who you are. So many times you might have a question or two and there is going to be at least 10 people that will post ideas or solutions to help and that's a slow day. I could go on and on but there is no need anyone who has been around here even for a few weeks knows how incredible the people here are.

Cliff you are amazing, no really I know a lot of people blow smoke up your ass when a new firmware comes out or a quick turn around on a bug fix and rightfully so. But really where you separate yourself in my opinion is your presence on this forum. You answer questions daily and you always have these great little nuggets of information that you just drop on us. Add to the fact you are in a constant state of trying to make your products better and you do all this for free is just amazing to me and it will keep me a customer for as long as I'm able to pick up my guitar and play.

Matt who is always around to help people create a tone or a sound that they may need for a song. I would be remiss if I didn't mention a few people who really gave me some peace of mind to make my purchase, Mark Day who is probably one of the best unsigned guitar players I have ever heard and has amazing tones. Cooper Carter again just a monster player who really made it seem like the Axe Fx could handle any need I had. And Chris Luke, his tutorial videos took away any fear I may have had about not being able to program the Axe Fx. This is without any doubt the best money I have ever spent on any piece of musical gear and I have had a lot of gear in my time. Thanks to the community and thanks to the entire FAS team.

2. JayCM800XL

JayCM800XL
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Spot on! That's how I feel after a little more than two years and a half.

3. ccroyalsenders

ccroyalsenders
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

Great to hear! Thanks for the kind compliment :)

KickTags Man and ChrisCG like this.
  4. Davy Pelckmans

Davy Pelckmans
    Expand Collapse
    Apprentice

Thanks for the review!!!

ChrisCG likes this.
  5. Solarfire

Solarfire
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Ditto what the OP said..

After 48 years of guitar playing and tone chasing, finally finding my tonal and sonic nirvana in the Axe.. Thank you Cliff and FAS for deliverance.

Admin M@ and ChrisCG like this.
  6. bwanagary

bwanagary
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

So eloquently expressed. Ditto the OP.

ChrisCG likes this.
  7. Tremonti

Tremonti
    Expand Collapse
    Fractal Fanatic

You deserve it bro...you're a monster player and speak so well. You're video production is always classy. Hoping you make some big strides, in the music industry, for many years to come!

ccroyalsenders likes this.