A really nice, free Brown Sound preset

Fizz

Inspired
I found this guy's YT channel recently and like his style and tone. On this video he posted yesterday he has a link to his Google Drive for the free preset. I downloaded it and imported it and a couple hours later I started playing Unchained without remembering I had imported the preset and was wondering why my tone was so good. I'm really impressed and learned a lot about what he did by comparing his basic amp and cab block to the stock versions.

This preset was done in Axe III but it imported nicely into my FM3. I just had to move the reverb and output block around.

Just wanted to write down exactly what he did to juice up the Plexi for reference so I might as well post it here. Everything is stock settings except:

Amp Block
Plexi 50W 6CA7

Ideal
MV 7.00

Preamp
Fat Switch On (Ideal)
Sat Drive 8 with ECC83
Low Cut Frequency 99.0

Power Amp
XFormer Drive 2.0
MV location Post-Pi

Power Supply
Supply Sag 7.0
Variac 75%

Speaker
4x12 5153
Speaker Compression 3.00

Input EQ
Gain 3.6

And of course the cab is the Factory 2 757

Interesting, don't think Ive seen use of a cab block in front of the amp before. Then again I'm only 5-6 years in this may have been discussed long ago and just didn't see it or just missed it completely.

Interesting, don't think Ive seen use of a cab block in front of the amp before. Then again I'm only 5-6 years in this may have been discussed long ago and just didn't see it or just missed it completely.
A cab block is a glorified IR player, and either of them can massage the sound going through them similarly. In the way they’re using it here it’s to apply the sound of the Echoplex preamp. It’s a very subtle adjustment to the sound in this case. And, in his preset @Burgs is using the IR player, but the Cab block could have been substituted, with an increased CPU load.

Just wanted to write down exactly what he did to juice up the Plexi for reference so I might as well post it here. Everything is stock settings except:

Amp Block
Plexi 50W 6CA7

Ideal
MV 7.00

Preamp
Fat Switch On (Ideal)
Sat Drive 8 with ECC83
Low Cut Frequency 99.0

Power Amp
XFormer Drive 2.0
MV location Post-Pi

Power Supply
Supply Sag 7.0
Variac 75%

Speaker
4x12 5153
Speaker Compression 3.00

Input EQ
Gain 3.6

And of course the cab is the Factory 2 757
It’s easier just to store the channel from the Amp block in your library.

Back
Top Bottom