A quick question re expression pedals

hurtwoodec

Hi all, i am using a boss fv300L expression pedal for volume. It worked fine with my old AX8 but, even after multiple calibrations on my fm3, the effective sweep of the pedal is onl about 50% of the actual travel.

To be clear, when calibrating i can see the full sweep of the pedal but in actual use it only engages at about 50% of the pedal travel.

Any ideas?

How are you using it? With a Volume block? How have you configured it?

Sounds like maybe you've assigned the pedal as a modifier on the Bypass of the block.

When i view the output block i have assigned it as a modifier. Is that the wrong way?
There are various ways it can be used.

If what have you assigned the modifier to in the block and how's the modifier configured?

If you like controlling volume at the end of the path you might want to try setting it as Global volume control and then you don't need to do it per preset.

BBEB20BD-4BD4-4C5B-A6B0-F70A6C1D5D05.jpeg

The FV-300L is a volume pedal, not an expression pedal. Its pots have the wrong taper for use as an expression pedal; the taper isn't linear.

For best results with this pedal, make sure the Minimum Volume knob is all the way down.

It says says it can be either on the box?! Volume/ expression pedal so?

I get the same response from my old ev10 fwiw. Either way they both worked fine with the ax8, they just dont play as nice with the fm3 it seems

Thanks, thats good to know.

What are the go to expression pedals for fractal devices?

Their own, or is there something else as good and less expensive?

I was using Ernie Ball pedals for years - both the full size and Jrs. The Fractal EV-1s just feel right, are super solid from a build standpoint, and just work and work well. I can't see ever moving away from these.

Back
Top Bottom