A question or two for the Axe-ii owners who also had/have an FX8..

Georgy

Inspired
Hey Guys,
I’ve got an Axe-ii and am about receive delivery of my FX8 (can’t wait!). I did have the idea in mind to maybe sell my Axe-ii but I do prefer to keep it (for recording etc), unless the FX8 absolutely kills the Axe-ii… which I doubt!
How have you guys found the transition going from an Axe FX to the FX8? Pluses? Minuses? Any good did you know or aahhh I get it moments?!
So.. I’m pretty much under the impression that the FX8 can essentially do everything the Axe-ii can do.. right?! I actually did read on the FX8 discussion page that you can’t actually have different FX on X/Y states; for example, a drive pedal on X state and say a flanger on the Y state.. which is a bit of a bummer. It does however offer SCENES which is great, as I plan to use scenes with my actual amp + 2x12, which I’m really looking forward to.
How are you guys connecting it up? 4CM? For those that are running it in 4CM, are you using humbuster cables or just regular leads/cabling?
Thanks in advance guys, any hints or tips or even do’s and don’ts will help!
George

you can’t actually have different FX on X/Y states; for example, a drive pedal on X state and say a flanger on the Y state.. which is a bit of a bummer.
None of the products allow that. XY is a function of the block, not the other way around. This was never a possibility and therefore shouldn't be taken as a negative. It was a question probably stemming from misunderstanding.

Back
Top Bottom