A question of sound Good...

Veloso1978

Inspired
Hello everyone.
I would like to ask a question.
I use the Ax Fx as we talked about once with a Matrix GT1000FX amplifier and a Marshall 1922 speaker.
I notice some sounds I make with headphones don’t work good in the FOH.
Is it important to sound good in my real cab first and then sound good on FOH?
A hug to everyone.

It just depends on your own priority. Some people don't care what the foh sounds like, they only worry about what "they" sound like however they hear themselves. In your case that would refer to your amp and cab.

Generally speaking from a professional's standpoint (which I'm not, and never have been) I think the idea would be you want to put all the priority on what the audience hears, the FOH. Your stage monitor (matrix/1922) is just for you and doesn't really matter as much in the scheme of things.

Audience opinion and money is generally attributed to FOH sound, your stage sound just needs to be good enough for you to play with the band effectively.

All of that said, I feel like you should be able to achieve both to a really reasonable standard. I'm not sure if I've caught every thread of yours, I just saw the one with the picture of your preset. If you haven't yet, why don't you post your preset up so we can run it through our own rigs and see what it sounds like?

I notice some sounds I make with headphones don’t work good in the FOH.
Is it important to sound good in my real cab first and then sound good on FOH?
I don’t understand. Your problem is about headphones, but your question is not.

Are the headphones good ones or crappy ones? That's a big factor.
You probably should use both sends. 1 to FOH and the other to your matrix/cab.
Some of the last presets in the Axe should have a FOH and AMP one. Use that formula with routing.

I don’t understand. Your problem is about headphones, but your question is not.
Sorry maybe don’t explain good. Sometimes make the presets with fones but than I try in the FOH and don’t sound good... there’s any way to sound good in the FOH making with the Headphones, or make sound better in my set with a real cab Marshall in the stage?

Sorry maybe don’t explain good. Sometimes make the presets with fones but than I try in the FOH and don’t sound good... there’s any way to sound good in the FOH making with the Headphones, or make sound better in my set with a real cab Marshall in the stage?
Making presets with headphones is difficult. They sound so very different from anything else.

If you're going direct to FOH, the best way to create your presets is with a full-range powered speaker, so you can simulate FOH. While the rest of the band is playing along, so you can make your sound fit the band. Anything else is a compromise. Headphones are the biggest compromise of all.

Axe FX 2 isn't fully designed to be ideal for use with real cabs, so don't fully trust that sound.
Also, the FOH sound is the most important.

Also depends a lot on what your headphones are. Try to use some really nice neutral headphones and you should be safe. Beyerdynamic DT880 Pros are a really good option. At least I'm very used to some headphones and how they sound so I know how they will translate through my monitors and live venues etc.

Also depends a lot on what your headphones are. Try to use some really nice neutral headphones and you should be safe. Beyerdynamic DT880 Pros are a really good option. At least I'm very used to some headphones and how they sound so I know how they will translate through my monitors and live venues etc.
Ok. I’m really tired to try found a good sound in my FOH. Everyone preset I made or even the presets a buy don’t work good in my opinion. I always play with real amplifiers and my sound looks very good, now are a crap... I wonder my Axe fx got problems or anything in global settings messed up... Just a litlle bit to quit Axe fx my friend

Ok. I’m really tired to try found a good sound in my FOH. Everyone preset I made or even the presets a buy don’t work good in my opinion. I always play with real amplifiers and my sound looks very good, now are a crap... I wonder my Axe fx got problems or anything in global settings messed up... Just a litlle bit to quit Axe fx my friend
“Doctor, I’m sick. Cure me!”

“Okay, tell me what’s wrong”

“I feel like crap.”

Sorry, we have no medicine to treat “feel like crap.” You have to tell me more specifically what is wrong.”

Axe FX 2 isn't fully designed to be ideal for use with real cabs, so don't fully trust that sound.
Also, the FOH sound is the most important.

Really ?? I thinks its totally designed for use with a real cab..
I get an amazing tone with mine.
Granted it is easier to only haul your axe to a gig - but I actually find it much easier to dial in a good tone with a real cab than with an IR through a PA..

Really ?? I thinks its totally designed for use with a real cab..
I get an amazing tone with mine.
Granted it is easier to only haul your axe to a gig - but I actually find it much easier to dial in a good tone with a real cab than with an IR through a PA..
I said in the beginning there’s something wrong because I try so much things and don’t get any sucess. I know what good sound are and I know the Axe fx are a excellent piece of gear but I just make so many things and don’t have what I want. A good tone . Everyday trying from the oficial axe patchs some tones and than I try in the FOH and a total waste of time I spent in axe.

“Doctor, I’m sick. Cure me!”

“Okay, tell me what’s wrong”

“I feel like crap.”

Sorry, we have no medicine to treat “feel like crap.” You have to tell me more specifically what is wrong.”
I’ve got to buy a good par headphones to adjust better the presets.

Sorry about the crap... I know the Axe fx are very good. The sound it comes in Axe fx are suppost to sound good and I think it’s not t. In the FOH don’t sound good only in my headphones. That’s because I said don’t sound good to play live until yet... Today I just tweak the presets from factory because I see one of the threats in YouTube from Leon Tood and found about the cab. Let’s see... I know the problem it’s me and I try to find help to resolve my problem.

Sorry about the crap... I know the Axe fx are very good. The sound it comes in Axe fx are suppost to sound good and I think it’s not t. In the FOH don’t sound good only in my headphones. That’s because I said don’t sound good to play live until yet... Today I just tweak the presets from factory because I see one of the threats in YouTube from Leon Tood and found about the cab. Let’s see... I know the problem it’s me and I try to find help to resolve my problem.
And we want to help you. But we need to know more than "not good." There are many flavors of "not good." Some are fixed with more treble. Some are fixed with less treble. Some are fixed with more or less gain. Some are fixed by other methods entirely. If we don't know what you don't like about the sound, we cannot offer you a meaningful solution.

Back
Top Bottom