A question for Scott Peterson

carloszeke

Experienced
I'm hearing rumors that people who bought Ownhammer cabs within the last month will be able to upgrade to UltraRes free of cost. Is that somewhat correct?
Now, here's the big question; MY purchase dates are, December 24 and 30, 2013. Should I cry in my beer, or jump up and down with joy like a 9 yr. old on Christmas morning??

No ... The wave format longer enough to be converted with a newer version of Cab Lab will be released ... Free I don't known ... Maybe with a little integration.

UltraRes is proprietary of Fractal and OwnHammer as other Ir makers can't release Ultrares Ir

Only way for us is to convert via a new Cab Lab soon release .... Needing wave length of 170ms , hope that length will be implemented in the next future by IR makers

Buy the new FAS Cab Pack... and you are set! 1x12 2x12 and 4x12 UltraRes IRs ready in syx format plus ir raw format... not a big deal

Woah just realized the new pack is 100 bucks! I headed over there thinking it was about 20 like the others haha.

If you already have the new Studio Mix libraries from OH, then wait until he uploads the longer IR wav's onto the site. They will be updated for free. You can then convert them to Ultra Res with the updated Cab Lab, which will be released very soon. If you don't, then you can buy them all already converted to Ultra Res from Fractal's online store. Either way, you won't regret your purchase, it just depends on if you're lazy like me.

If you already have the new Studio Mix libraries from OH, then wait until he uploads the longer IR wav's onto the site. They will be updated for free. You can then convert them to Ultra Res with the updated Cab Lab, which will be released very soon.

This is what I intend to do. In any case I'm really happy with my current OwnHammer IRs, so my need to upgrade to UltraRes is not that great. But, my desire is. :)

Well i never bought any in the first place. I've always used the factory stuff. It seems now with ultra res we have to buy the cabs now.

I was about to buy in when I read that only the SS versions of the mixes are available. I know Cliff doesn't dig the coloring the tube amps give, but I sure do. My fave OH mixes are the SP T1 and T2s and they make up a ton of my presets (which, incidentally, are also in the "ton" category).

Hoping Kevin makes the SP T 1 & 2s available in the longer length so I can convert 'em. If not it won't kill me, as I'm so happy with my tone, but I'd sure like to A/B these babies. The OH pack purchases were one of the best I ever made...

Quote from: 412-GTR MAR-CB MIX Modern Speaker Collection - $19.00 : OwnHammer.com - Store

*** PLEASE NOTE ***
In accordance with a non-compete agreement with Fractal Audio Systems, the Ultra-Res file format will not be made available by default for this specific library. To obtain already converted Ultra-Res IR's for a section of this collection, please refer to the FAS Producer Cab Pack 3. Ultra-Res files can also be converted manually using the .wav files (when they are updated to longer than 100 ms) in this collection via the FAS Cab Lab Utility.

Quote from: 412-GTR MAR-CB MIX Modern Speaker Collection - $19.00 : OwnHammer.com - Store

*** PLEASE NOTE ***
In accordance with a non-compete agreement with Fractal Audio Systems, the Ultra-Res file format will not be made available by default for this specific library. To obtain already converted Ultra-Res IR's for a section of this collection, please refer to the FAS Producer Cab Pack 3. Ultra-Res files can also be converted manually using the .wav files (when they are updated to longer than 100 ms) in this collection via the FAS Cab Lab Utility.

And notice in the 1x12 and 2x12 Mix collections that the phrase "when they are updated" is absent. ;)

112-GTR DLX MIX Vintage Speaker Collection - $29.00 : OwnHammer.com - Store

*** PLEASE NOTE ***
In accordance with a non-compete agreement with Fractal Audio Systems, the Ultra-Res file format will not be made available by default for this specific library. To obtain already converted Ultra-Res IR's for a section of this collection, please refer to the FAS Producer Cab Pack 3. Ultra-Res files can also be converted manually using the .wav files in this collection via the FAS Cab Lab Utility.

Terry.

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Good news. The only point of confusion here is that the .wav files must already have been updated--otherwise Cab Pack 3 couldn't exist. It doesn't really matter until Cab Lab supports UltraRes though.

It's best to ask Kevin at Own Hammer these questions or Fractal Audio - I do not work for either company.

Note that I gave my mixes for free - they are labeled SP (which is cool) but a) I don't make a penny from it; b) I don't work for either company. I believe in the platform, I believe in how Own Hammer does IR's and I just share what works for me. There's nothing more to it.

NOTE: The official word - posted above by Se7en, Tone Seeker and ElectricPhase - is correct as far as I know.

Good news. The only point of confusion here is that the .wav files must already have been updated--otherwise Cab Pack 3 couldn't exist. It doesn't really matter until Cab Lab supports UltraRes though.

Some of the wave files have been updated. The ones supplied to Fractal, based on what I see provided in Cab Pack 3, represent only a portion of the wave files that are part of the equivalent Ownhammer Mix libraries. For example, the T1 and T2 IR's are not included in the Fractal pack.

I have a feeling there's quite a bit of work involved for Kevin to pull all of this together.

Terry.

Some of the wave files have been updated. The ones supplied to Fractal, based on what I see provided in Cab Pack 3, represent only a portion of the wave files that are part of the equivalent Ownhammer Mix libraries. For example, the T1 and T2 IR's are not included in the Fractal pack.

I have a feeling there's quite a bit of work involved for Kevin to pull all of this together.

Terry.

You are absolutely correct. I hadn't thought of that.

IIRC, The 1x12 and 2x12 collections are long enough wave files to convert already, the 4x12 collection isn't until he updates them! If Fractal has the ability to convert the 4x12's they must exist, just haven't been made available yet! I'm sure it won't be long!

IIRC, The 1x12 and 2x12 collections are long enough wave files to convert already
indeed they are. have been since they were released. actually they are 500ms long (IIRC) which is more than enough to be converted once FAS release the UltraRes ready Cab-Lab version.

Back
Top Bottom