A question about monitors?

squidz66

Hey rockin' dudes,
Adam a7x or Dynaudio bm6a mk II?
I have no chance to demo them and will be going in deaf!

Could you give me some insight? (re. Axe)

Many thanks dudes..

Monitors are very personal thing.. depend on your ears and room....
i heard that Adam 7x have abit less low end..

This question will split the waters and polarize people for sure.

Think about what your primary use for them is:
1) Amplifying the Axe
2) Listening to music
3) Mixing

IMO the Dynaudio is by far the better monitor - for all the purposes mentioned above.
To me it sounds more natural and balanced throughout the entire frequency range, has better low end, is more alive in the mids and sounds natural in the hi-end.
Also it doesn't fatigue my ears as much as the Adam on long listening sessions.
To me the hi-end of the Adam is very hyped, unnaturally so, and that bugs me whenever I hear them.

I know that others absolutely loves the Adams, often for the hi-end representation, as the hyped hi-end makes it easy to hear what goes on in that frequency range, and dialing in reverb tails is very easy on those monitors.

There is no right or wrong, it's a highly subjective matter what fits your taste and application best.
Both monitors are great, and I don't think you can go wrong with either.
For playback the Dynaudios is clearly more natural sounding.
For mixing it's all about finding the speaker that fits you the best and then getting to know it's strengths and weaknesses, and working with them.

Hope this helps
RB

Both are excellent choices; the choice of a personal NF studio monitor is very personal and very subjective.

I've owned Dynaudio (prior generation of what you are considering) and they were VERY good monitors. I've worked with the Adam models you are considering and they were VERY good monitors too.

You must, IMHO, try them both yourself in person to decide.

Thanks for the insights peeps!
As I would be using them for playing and listening primarily, your post RB is quite poignant.
Now I have to find a store that stocks both and give 'em a bash.

Once again, thanks all!

Back
Top Bottom