A personal AX8 Fail, to help those still on the waitlist

Rick

Axe-Master
Imagine the tv ads for a cable company...

"I'm Rick, and I got an invitation to order an AX8 very early in the game. I got right on the Fractal Web Site and ordered that thing so fast my credit card was smoking!"

"I'm Don't-Spend-Too-Much-Extra-Money Rick, and I decided that regular UPS shipping would be ok. Now I am watching everyone else play their AX8 while I wait until Monday"

Announcer: Don't be this Rick. When you get your invitation, pay the .015% of the total price and get your Ax8 in two days.

A public service announcement from the regular Rick

Paid the $$ extra and I upgraded to overnight.....got mine before Noon yesterday and have been playing it non-stop!

Last edited:
Wrap it and put it under the tree (or menorah or whatever) and open it Christmas morning... geez no patience...

Haha, mine is scheduled for a Monday delivery too. The real frustration is that the tracking shows it arrived in town last night. I called and they won't let me come pick it up. Stupid UPS!

Edit:
Whoo hoo! Updated status: Out for delivery today (Saturday). UPS is awesome, LOL

Last edited:
I mostly paid to keep mine out of the ups Christmas insanity next week. I figured the drivers will be so tired of handling packages everything will be delivered news paper style by the end of the week :eek:

I mostly paid to keep mine out of the ups Christmas insanity next week. I figured the drivers will be so tired of handling packages everything will be delivered news paper style by the end of the week :eek:
That's funny I did the same thing. I did three day, I didn't want it to come next week, with the rush.

ups 2nd day was $20 extra for me
Yup, about that. They shipped really quick, which was great, but by the time I identified my idiocy for what it was... too late! Not the end of the world, for sure, but the kind of silliness I thought I might help someone else avoid. Consider me the Ghost of Purchase Past.

Wrap it and put it under the tree (or menorah or whatever) and open it Christmas morning... geez no patience...
This isn't a bad idea. I won't do it. But it isn't a bad idea.

Patience is a virtue, I agree. I freely admit, and my wife will confirm: when it comes to opening gear, I am not virtuous. :eek:

Imagine the tv ads for a cable company...

"I'm Rick, and I got an invitation to order an AX8 very early in the game. I got right on the Fractal Web Site and ordered that thing so fast my credit card was smoking!"

"I'm Don't-Spend-Too-Much-Extra-Money Rick, and I decided that regular UPS shipping would be ok. Now I am watching everyone else play their AX8 while I wait until Monday"

Announcer: Don't be this Rick. When you get your invitation, pay the .015% of the total price and get your Ax8 in two days.

A public service announcement from the regular Rick

Love it! Laughter is the best medicine :)

peyton-manning-directv-090915-youtube-ftr_ss456pwqeke41gcz7qjkhp4ad.jpg

This was going to be the plan for mine. Under the tree. I couldn't possibly hide that I've been on my phone 12 hours a day for the past 2 months , watching the forum for news. I'd be reading comments here , laughing , typing my own posts , she'd say "who are you talking to?" I had to come clean and tell her about the AX8.

It was either , let her think I was having an affair , or tell her about my ultimate gift to myself , possibly in time for Christmas. Lol

Feeling pretty optimistic about new years at least !
Rick , shoulda got it express before the weekend , if you were going to open her right up !!
... great ad. Lol

Few are those who have mastered the skill of patience, So: Why not put a bow on it and put it In the Christmas tree? With all those LEDs it'll blend right in. TIP: wrap input and output cables in ribbon to unobtrusively plug in and play before the officially sanctioned gift opening ceremony. :D

Eh, I'm cheap I saved the extra $20 and went with ground. Mine should be here Tuesday, can't say I'm not a little anxious to get it but I'll survive....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom