A pedal to simulate guitars is on its way

Are you serious? Radio is where all this insanity began.
I always knew that a lot of the instruments like percussion was a simulation. But I never knew that there was guitar (which was the basis of my comment) simulation software being used in the music I hear on the radio.

Unless you guys are high with low reading comprehension (probably not)... I learned something new today.

The idea is interesting. Variax in a box. I love the idea that I could use my own guitar. Sounds samples are key as well as the price. One limitation I see is the lack of midi control. I'd want something like Line 6 did with the Variax and Pod, wherein a preset could include an amp as well as a guitar model.

Does look interesting... but the proof will be in the pudding so to speak. Variax does it w/ the piezo pickup so it's not just eq - it's a digital model; this seems to take a sampling of your tone/how hot your pups are etc and then somehow can alter it to sound like whatever guitar you've chosen. But yea, it needs more than eq and a boost/cut to get a convincing replica of a different guitar. Eq and a boost aren't gonna make the bridge pup of my strat sound like a LP neck, much less an acoustic.

My guess? It's gonna be about on par with the pickup sims in a Boss GT-series.

To un derail the thread, I am interested, I use pre eq on allot of patches, but wondering what a tone match with my EMG's might bring about with IR's from other pickups. Just sounds interesting, but can you say rabbit hole??? lol. IMO the ATG doesnt sound better than my VG99, and the autotune, well I like some reality in my chords, no Kanye for me
Edit: Just seen some better demos of the ATG, might be eating my words

Last edited:
I asked them about the price and availability, here's a reply:

"thanks for your message and for the interest in XT-1!

Demos will be uploaded soon to our website, as to our facebook page.

We are now launching a pre-order campaign at 549 euros (retail price will be OVER 700 euros) , availability next July.
We will send you more detailed info very soon,"

Back
Top Bottom