A pedal to simulate guitars is on its way

For the time being I'll stick with the one I've got. As you can see not only does it do much more but it even resembles both the AX8 & FX8. I will also add that combined with the FX8 it is a very formidable combination.

http://www.autotuneforguitar.com/products/products.php?category=ATG-1_Floor_Processor_1
That appears to require a 13-pin pickup connection from something like a Roland GK3 or a Ghost system.

The OP link uses a standard booster guitar cable... Not quite the same thing.

That appears to require a 13-pin pickup connection from something like a Roland GK3 or a Ghost system.

The OP link uses a standard booster guitar cable... Not quite the same thing.

I'm well aware of that, but for me that would be a HUGE step backwards. Aside from that I was mainly referring to the fact that the ATG-1 is far more like the Axe-Fx gear than the fore mentioned pedal which seems waaaay more restricted in it's abilities.

Something along these lines might make for an interesting block within the Axe-Fx itself - A Pick-up or Guitar Emulation Block. Seems like "tone-matching" is an integral part of this system and something that the Axe already has - along with probably all the digital hardware and knowledge base.

It would be so cool if something like this pedal would really work, but honestly its hard for me to believe its possible. How can you make a strat sound like a tele middle position using a guitar signal?

For the time being I'll stick with the one I've got. As you can see not only does it do much more but it even resembles both the AX8 & FX8. I will also add that combined with the FX8 it is a very formidable combination.

http://www.autotuneforguitar.com/products/products.php?category=ATG-1_Floor_Processor_1
I've got one of these and can't make up my mind. The auto tune aspects of it are phenomenal, but the guitar modeling leaves something g to be desired, IMO.got any secrets you wanna to share to optimize your tones?

"It would be so cool if something like this pedal would really work, but honestly its hard for me to believe its possible. How can you make a strat sound like a tele middle position using a guitar signal?"

Just a guess but with digital signal processing and the computational power of the axe, I think any signal could be transformed into just about any other signal, so no reason why a transform function couldn't map the output of your pick-up/guitar combo into that of any other pick-up guitar combo.

Does the ATG-1 add much latency and do you connect it to the rear panel or front of the Axe?
NO discernible latency. Actually quote, "There is about 50 samples of latency from the ADC and DAC converters. (That would be Analog to Digital and Digital to Analog Converters.) 50 samples is about 1 millisecond (.001 seconds)." Which isn't even perceptible by humans no matter how good your hearing.
It's designed with an instrument level output, so it's basically the same as plugging straight into the front of your amp.

I've got one of these and can't make up my mind. The auto tune aspects of it are phenomenal, but the guitar modeling leaves something g to be desired, IMO.got any secrets you wanna to share to optimize your tones?
IMO when it comes to guitar tone (pick-ups etc) it's all about EQ. You can't expect to jump from a Tele to a LP with one push of a button and expect both to sound perfect...it ain't gonna happen, not even with real guitars & real amps. Think about it, the first thing you do when you strap on a different guitar is to completely RE-ADJUST the amp, primarily the eq, vol, etc.

The best (quickest-easiest) way to deal with this IMO in my ATG-1/FX8 rig is quite simply put a graphic EQ in the first pedal position of the FX8 and EQ for the specific guitar being used... than move on with the rest of your efx chain. In other words different EQ presets for different guitar types and after tweaking and fine tuning they all come out sounding outstanding.

It's a little trick I learned from watching a very brief section of an interview with a very famous Texas rock stars guitar tech on you tube explaining how he was able to get his signature sound no matter what guitar he used......it's all about the EQing the guitar itself.

Last edited:
IMO when it comes to guitar tone (pick-ups etc) it's all about EQ. You can't expect to jump from a Tele to a LP with one push of a button and expect both to sound perfect...it ain't gonna happen, not even with real guitars & real amps. Think about it, the first thing you do when you strap on a different guitar is to completely RE-ADJUST the amp, primarily the eq, vol, etc.

The best (quickest-easiest) way to deal with this IMO in my ATG-1/FX8 rig is quite simply put a graphic EQ in the first pedal position of the FX8 and EQ for the specific guitar being used... than move on with the rest of your efx chain. In other words different EQ presets for different guitar types and after tweaking and fine tuning they all come out sounding outstanding.

It's a little trick I learned from watching a very brief section of an interview with a very famous Texas rock stars guitar tech on you tube explaining how he was able to get his signature sound no matter what guitar he used......it's all about the EQing the guitar itself.
Had the opportunity to check your EQ method with my ATG 1 and Godin xtsa with my XL+and you are for sure onto something! Much better than dealing with the shitty tone control on the ATG .....thanks again for the tip. P.S. any specific EQ settings you may have for the various pickups in the ATG-1 would be fun to share.......

Back
Top Bottom