A new tune

simeon

Axe-Master
tired of copying presets over from the ultra and relearning genesis tunes for a gig at the end of the month, i thought i'd better balance my chi and do something creative. originally intended as a distraction, i chucked a bunch of drum loops and a bass groove into logic and started recording. well it ended up a bit more involved than i planned (it always does) and so we have another one of those "sort of demos" where it's not really a fully formed piece of music, but all the sounds apart from bass and drums do come from the axe fx II, so i guess you can call it a demo if you like. i did try to keep it under 5 minutes, but i liked the clean guitars and loops so much in the second section, i stuck them on at the end. i'm sure you won't mind. :) somewhere in the region of 48 tracks of guitar in this one....

could be mixed better, i know, but i need to move on to other stuff now...

enjoy :)

Excellent! Simon, I reallly love the harmony lead sounds.....well everything really :) but 48 tracks!!!! would be interesting to see it performed live :)

Killer stuff. It's always fun when folks make the tools for for them instead of letting the tools work them... err, well... when they just use the tools to make music.

As usual --- great stuff.

Very impressive. How you've does it all?

thanks guys!

"how you've done it all?" - bit of a general question...not sure how to answer...but i'll say the drums are loops, the bass parts are samples and synth....everything else is guitar through the axe. all recorded in Logic Studio and mastered in Waveburner...

quite a bit of automation going on with filters on the drums and squelchy bass, too

Killer stuff. It's always fun when folks make the tools for for them instead of letting the tools work them... err, well... when they just use the tools to make music.

As usual --- great stuff.

thanks scott...i think i get the gist :)

btw - if anybody would like to hear any of the parts in isolation, i'd be happy to oblige...the mix is pretty dense...

I wish I knew how to get these ambient sounds. Would be great as presets.

Great track professor.

really like the sounds! especially the synthy lead sounds at 2:20 and 3:40. How did you make those?
Also like the clean chords sound around 5:10.

really like the sounds! especially the synthy lead sounds at 2:20 and 3:40. How did you make those?
Also like the clean chords sound around 5:10.

thanks bodde

the synth lead at 2:40 is the synth block on a saw wave. filter frequency is tied to envelope, but i'm using a sustainiac here, so it's pretty much wide open throughout. i have an expression pedal tied to the depth of an lfo which is in turn tied to the advanced whammy which is set to oscillate back and forth a little bit to create the vibrato - toe up, no vibrato and then as you go toe down, the depth of the vibrato increases (but the rate stays the same)....just like it does on a synth

the lead at 3:40 is just a clean sound (usa clean, i think), but i'm using the sustainiac. i think i have a low pass filter tied to envelope, which gives it a slightly synthy sound

the clean sound at 5:10 is a trick i learned from Michael Brook - i'm using the 2290 delay set to dotted 8ths and i'm just tapping the strings lightly an octave above the chord i'm playing, which brings out some harmonics

Back
Top Bottom