a new Fractal product idea

randombastage

Experienced
I was wondering how many of you would like something like this:

A small desktop device that takes the Axe output (and midi back to the Axe) and acts as a USB or FireWire audio/midi interface as well as has some endless rotary knobs and/or sliders on top that can be programmed as continuous controllers on a per patch basis with a small lcd screen to show the value and assignment of each knob. So you fire up the Axe and you have the amp volume, bass, treble, middle, presence, reverb,...etc. etc. all at your instant control (or whatever parameters you want assigned to them)
Kind of a small mixer layout that is Axe specific and is a quality interface. Maybe throw on a tap tempo button and a few buttons to call up your favorite 10 presets too. Ok, and a Dbeam or ribbon controller strip while your at it ;)

I'll order one!

the one big encoder + AxeEdit works fine for me.

on a synth I'd kinda see your point, since you somethimes need to tweak 2 parameters at once to get the performance you want out of it, but on the Axe?
I had similar thought at the beginning, but not anymore.

I used to use a Kenton Control Freak. I find in the end, Axe-Edit is just so much faster, even if I have to bounce around.

Back
Top Bottom