A new chapter?

After a bunch of listening, realizing I'd gone the other way and my patches were a bit ear-shattering (not to mention some tone had gotten scrapped in the process), then going back to what Funeral said about simpler configurations, and using the low and high cuts in the cab block...I went back through my presets (scrapping some amps altogether - like the Cameron and especially the Uber), and came up with some things I'm much happier with, and that may be much more usable.

One of them is this [new] FAS6160. Still a little thick (I'm a glutton for mids), but lots of gain, very little fuzz, and very smooth. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• FAS6160 .syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 35
Here is my interpretation of your patch. I didn't change a lot, just a few little things. Mainly was a master volume and gain tweak. I turned the fat switch on and messed with the basic eq. Turned the drive pedal in to a boost. Ran the chorus in parallel and upped the low cut in the cab to 100hz and the high cut to 8000hz.
Like I said, this is just the way I liked it with my guitar. Nothing wrong with your patch.
Thanks for posting.

Attachments

• FAS6160 Funeral.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 23
Dude, thank you. I consider those pretty serious changes, overall, but very educational ones. For one, I guess I'd gotten stuck in the 'gain mode' from early Friedman BE patches (where it was needed, and ultimately not enough). While I'm betting your pickup is hotter, your settings show how much gain the FAS6160 does have. Further, they reduce the upper end while giving it that glassy shimmer, and they allow greater definition. (I notice you turned back the Triode Hardness, as well.)

I went and played around with -Drive block +higher amp gain settings, with some desirable results.

Here's a clip using it. The dynamics are crazy:

What do you think? Also, could you post a recording of your version; I'd love to hear your guitar.

PS: the chorus is a vestigial block from earlier days; I may re-activate it, I may not given how good this is sounding now.

Attachments

• FAS6160 Funeral evolution 1 .syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom