A Monster of a cab...

MicFarlow

Experienced
Vendor
Hi All,

When a customer requests a Monster cab you figure out a way to get it done. This cab required a totally new process to pull it off and I think it turned out pretty well given the challenges involved.

Take a look see:

Grille art is something we've done a bit of over the years so not much new here at all:
2562FD7E-E883-4EE0-9A01-DB035E6B3394_zpsz01wpvqk.jpg

However, logo work on the back side above the amp is totally new.
3841F31D-B687-4A6E-9D33-C3C4C7D4EB53_zpsavxb7j9r.jpg

A little closer look below; Here we used our laser to emboss the Monster lettering into the top before we built the enclosure. Then used the laser again to cut out some cardboard lettering to hot glue into the recesses so that when I coated the enclosure the polyurea wouldn't booger them up. Then I coated the cab, cut out the cardboard and cleaned up the cavities.

With that done we mixed up some two part epoxy, added some glow in the dark green paint to tint it up a little and then 'paint filled' the lettering. Once it hardened up it'll never come out. Its there for life!
AA5B482D-A087-4300-8EB1-72151DE5B4A5_zpsctptj4aa.jpg

Oh.. the kicker is that the Monster M on the grille is fluorescent so it'll be awesome when the UV lights hit it on stage!

Thanks,

Mick

Looks slicks snot. If it wasn't such a PITA you should do your logo on all your cabs like that. Rather than use the laser just coat the cab and make a heat stamp of your logo then fill that area.

Looks slicks snot. If it wasn't such a PITA you should do your logo on all your cabs like that. Rather than use the laser just coat the cab and make a heat stamp of your logo then fill that area.

Thanks Tom!

I thought about doing it to all cabs... was a short thought but it crossed my mind for a split second or so! :)

Confident guys doesn't do logos ;) :D

True... that's why my cabs didn't have logos on them for a few years! :sunglasses:

On the other hand though... good marketing guys do logos though so there is that. ;)

I like logo's it mask's the fact I can't play for shit! ;)
On that note, can I buy some logos Mick?
No charge at all but send me an email please.

I suck at getting such things done at times (witnessed by the number of folks waiting for badges) but I'll get you some out soon.

I'm just trying to imagine out a scenario for how a customer would need a Monster logo on their cab...

Back
Top Bottom