AFIII A little taste of the new Tri-Chorus clean.

Thankfully it's finally been confirmed that the other blocks could never replicate this effect after the forum bully's would jump on any poster who said they could not seem to achieve a proper Tri Chorus effect no matter how hard they tried. I ended up just buying the TERC after giving up.
Will this ever be able to be ported downward to the AX8 or AxeFX 2 XL? Would still be nice to be able to dial it in on my Fractal stuff even though I do have the TERC.

It would be wonderful if someone does a real comparison between the TERC and the new tri-chorus, and posts it here.

bradlake:

I hadn’t figured it out either, Ian, but then I have assiduously avoided his music forever.

Really? You would assiduously avoid listening to a project that had Eric Johnson playing on it?

(I grant, however, that (a.) not a lot of people are aware of the CC tunes that have EJ on them; and also that CC tunes, if you have to hear them too many times in a row, could drive a man to gunfire. There's a guy I worked with at one point who, as an ironical joke, played "Sailing" at 5pm every day on his workstation -- as loudly as he could get away with. Half the floor would evacuate to the stairwell until it was over.)

Sound like sailing by christopher cross.

I hadn’t figured it out either, Ian, but then I have assiduously avoided his music forever.

Really? You would assiduously avoid listening to a project that had Eric Johnson playing on it?
Meh. You can tart it up all you want but that song was the kind of song, when I was a kid, that made me seriously question the sanity of adults around me every time it came up on the radio. Not a fan.

"Sailing" is in the top 20 requests of my typical gigs, i'd say. Somewhere Over the Rainbow is #1. can something be MORE than #1? if so, it is.

bradlake:

(I grant, however, that (a.) not a lot of people are aware of the CC tunes that have EJ on them; and also that CC tunes, if you have to hear them too many times in a row, could drive a man to gunfire. There's a guy I worked with at one point who, as an ironical joke, played "Sailing" at 5pm every day on his workstation -- as loudly as he could get away with. Half the floor would evacuate to the stairwell until it was over.)

I had never heard that ..., so I looked it up and it looks like it was only on one song - "Minstrel Gigolo" ....

And I'm pretty familiar with CC's stuff ( my wife LOVES it ) ..., but that's not a song I remember ....

So I wouldn't blame ANYONE for not knowing that EJ was featured on a CC song ....

Between the awesome new trichorus and the lush reverbs recently posted, not to mention all the other goodies, I'm seriously excited for the 3

Wow, I didn't realize I knew as many Christopher Cross songs as I do. Filled in for a friends band the other week, had to learn "Ride like the wind."

I could hate on the tunes, but I don't hear Mark Day covering any of my songs, so there's that. :laughing:

Its a great chorus sound, but does it really sound like a tri-chorus, as e.g. this one?

To me, the TERC sounds wider, maybe even less modulation, but there is more stereo imaging - or phasing going on? Im listening on a headset btw.

I should add, I really want the III to duplicate the tri-chorus.

Last edited:
To me, the TERC sounds wider, maybe even less modulation, but there is more stereo imaging - or phasing going on? Im listening on a headset btw.
Perhaps because no one was trying to match specific TERC settings when doing this demo?

Perhaps because no one was trying to match specific TERC settings when doing this demo?

I think you understand I am not talking about settings, but *that* tri-chorus sound that any chorus fanatic would not compare to any other chorus?

Back
Top Bottom