AFIII A Little Steve Vai

Thanks very much for checking it out guys, i'm glad you enjoyed 🤟 It was great fun indeed. If you want to know anything about the tone let me know, but it was a very simple patch using the ecstacy red, knobs at noon with the gain maxed and no distortion pedal. Tiny bit of reverb for room excitement, and the delays and reverbs added in post. I did sneak in a tone match to the original but also added EQ in the DAW as well so not sure how much it helps.
Awesome video.... had to watch it several times! Your playing was spot on. Fantastic man.

Thanks for sharing the preset. What cab did you use? It must not be a stock cab because when I loaded the preset there is no cab loaded?

Awesome video.... had to watch it several times! Your playing was spot on. Fantastic man.

Thanks for sharing the preset. What cab did you use? It must not be a stock cab because when I loaded the preset there is no cab loaded?

Ha, thanks man. I thought it was a stock cab actually!!! Here it is, think it was a marshall 4x12 stock speakers.

Attachments

• Cab.syx
    10.1 KB · Views: 30
Hey guys,

Hope you're all doing well and coping with the isolation. Thought i'd use the time to practice a few Steve Vai licks from Alien Love Secrets as it's 25 years old this week!

Tried to get it as close I could but Steve has more talent in his little finger than I have managed to develop in 20 years! Hope you enjoy

Man, that was great!

When I first read the thread title, I read it as Little Stevie Vai as in this vid......ha ha.

Thanks fellas 👍👍

Great playing, and nice to see another JEM BSB! (I’ve had one since it was first released)

Mine has always seemed to have some intonation issues. Still love it to bits though!

Man, that was great!

When I first read the thread title, I read it as Little Stevie Vai as in this vid......ha ha.

Haha, I think I probably had that in my head when I posted 😂😂

Back
Top Bottom