Front shot
94D4BB1D-E6FB-4163-B73E-8DFDF09BB155_zpsnaz6pfp6.jpg

Front shot sans Ultra
1C3B1816-05F7-42E8-9DFB-F7C652249091_zpsildx0mpz.jpg

Hind shot
C5B94D43-2EE1-4652-B827-A36EF480F60F_zpszwaomxg7.jpg

closer up on the access area
5F494AC8-453A-4AE3-A1FE-3EEED67DB3C1_zpssatgjwks.jpg

Active 1x12 with 2U rack space built in. Powered by the Matrix GM50 of course.

Due to the need to meet the cab volume requirements of the driver there ended up bring a compartment left over so I decided to make it accessible for cable storage if desired.

More U's are easily possible in the top for more gear if desired.

Let me know y'all's thoughts!

Mick

Switch is probably a 3db pad for the tweeter- just like Xitone wedges. It's perfect for switching from AxeFx->FRFR to AxeFx->power amp->guitar cab

looks awesome Mick! Whats the weight on that?

Weight, sans the Ultra but with the GM50 is about 47lbs.... going passive will reduce it to closer to 40lbs.

Due to the size required for everything I actually expected it to weigh a bit more. With the handles on the side it actually is quite well balanced and does not feel that heavy.

It's worth noting though that this cab was not designed for an Axe-Fx so it is a bit shallow for one. An Axe-Fx sized cab will be about 2.5 inches deeper or so.

I hope mine is next :)

Why yes it is! :)

Cool. What is the switch on the cabinet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3db pad for the tweeter.

NICE!!!

Awesome, Mick.

Thanks Pima!

Switch is probably a 3db pad for the tweeter- just like Xitone wedges. It's perfect for switching from AxeFx->FRFR to AxeFx->power amp->guitar cab

very correct Philip! Also cool is the fact that I can now include an additional switch to completely switch not only the tweeter but also the crossover out of the signal path, creating an FRFR bypass option to allow you to use the 12" driver straight up, much like a traditional cab.

Sweet looking rig, Mic. I've been toying with the idea of getting a compact FRFR based solution for my XL and this could be the ticket. Any chance of a 2X12 version of this, say, with the Axe mounted either in the middle or even off to one side over one of the speakers?

I've always loved the look of units like these that house a rack unit in a head or combo enclosure, but I'm horrified about the possibility of the front of the unit getting damaged during transport to and from gigs since there's nothing to cover it like a rack case cover would. Then again, I'm paranoid.

Sweet looking rig, Mic. I've been toying with the idea of getting a compact FRFR based solution for my XL and this could be the ticket. Any chance of a 2X12 version of this, say, with the Axe mounted either in the middle or even off to one side over one of the speakers?

Certainly an option. Please send me an email to xitonecabs@gmail.com and we can discuss more specifics!

That is awesome. is there a price on it yet?

Right now, anything along this line will be the same price as it's passive or active counterpart but that will go up probably Jan 1 due to the extra labor and materials required but I'd like to build a few more if possible to develop everything to the point of keep any price increase as low as is possible.

Looks terrific! By the way... first gigs coming up this weekend with my new Xitone monitor. Two shows in particular will be at premiere NW venues : Friday we're playing at the Crystal Ballroom (Portland), and Saturday at the Showbox (Seattle). We play those room regularly, and I am very familiar with the stage audio characteristics. My Xitone monitor is the *only* speaker I'm taking on this tour. I'll send a review and pics.

Not looking to do the combo thing, personally, but love the overall aesthetics. Very Nice work.

I've always loved the look of units like these that house a rack unit in a head or combo enclosure, but I'm horrified about the possibility of the front of the unit getting damaged during transport to and from gigs since there's nothing to cover it like a rack case cover would. Then again, I'm paranoid.

I know what you mean! To that end, I'm looking into a couple different ways to integrate a cover on the front and back....

Looks terrific! By the way... first gigs coming up this weekend with my new Xitone monitor. Two shows in particular will be at premiere NW venues : Friday we're playing at the Crystal Ballroom (Portland), and Saturday at the Showbox (Seattle). We play those room regularly, and I am very familiar with the stage audio characteristics. My Xitone monitor is the *only* speaker I'm taking on this tour. I'll send a review and pics.

Sweet! Cool deal! Hope all goes well!

Not looking to do the combo thing, personally, but love the overall aesthetics. Very Nice work.

Thanks zenaxe

I think if you come up with a cover or some protection for for Axe FX I'd be in for buying one. I've been looking for a way to make the axe portable but not to heavy or bulky and that looks perfect. Great Idea and the Matrix amp helps a lot!

I think if you come up with a cover or some protection for for Axe FX I'd be in for buying one. I've been looking for a way to make the axe portable but not to heavy or bulky and that looks perfect. Great Idea and the Matrix amp helps a lot!

Well, as for covers, I think the folks at Studio Slips can help there for sure!

Custom Covers and Bags by Studio Slips

The problem I have with a cover for just the rack area is the space required to do it. Lid's take up space front to back and that adds weight and will make it more bulky to carry.

Adding in a cover for the front would also mean taking off the protective handles on the Axe as well as fastening hardware... all of which tend to complicate things a bit...

Wouldn't it be cool to have the chassis angled at the bottom and on the top too? So you'll have the speaker more upward and the axe fx' display and panel would be easier accessible?[emoji4]

Back
Top Bottom