A little something new from XiTone Cabs

MicFarlow

Experienced
Vendor
Hi All,

Just put the finishing touches on this little jem... A FRFR 2x8 in the combo style with a 1U rack unit on top for the customers Matrix amp.

The cloth grille turned out well. I'm starting to get more folks wanting more traditional grilles with and without piping. They are great looking for sure!

Here are some pics:

B4D0A489-5B40-4F94-8AF7-7B89226398AF_zpsy8mta9ct.jpg

This one also shipped with a dog bone handle on top and a tilt foot in the bottom... I did forget to get pics of the tilt foot though... :-(
4EB18F53-7711-465C-B2C0-4E850E3B870C_zpshtvsivx4.jpg

The back has 1/4 jacks to facilitate pancake jacks for a more flush profile and the channel will help keep the wiring as flat as possible as well.
CA76E9D3-C9CE-464C-8EF9-694C67022F69_zpslofcwn4v.jpg

It's a great sounding cab all around.

Thanks,

Mick

That looks great. I am starting to favor FRFR that looks like standard cabs. It would also look good covered in tolex or tweed.

Thanks all for the comments!

This one comes in around 45lbs or so soaking wet. :)
Excellent. I've been looking for an FRFR cab I can use in the shower :)

Seriously, this cab looks awesome. You do great work. I love my Xitone 1x12 wedge. Even if I can't use it while bathing.

why 2x8? that's an odd configuration ? :)

The 2x8 config was requested due to the size constraints of getting the cab along with a few other pieces of gear into the trunk of a car. :)

Excellent. I've been looking for an FRFR cab I can use in the shower :)

Seriously, this cab looks awesome. You do great work. I love my Xitone 1x12 wedge. Even if I can't use it while bathing.

Actually, if you take some of that press and seal stuff (from Saran Wrap I think it is) and put a piece across the bottom of the grill from side to side and then another on top of that to cover the top part of the grille the cab becomes pretty water proof and certainly beer proof for the night.

I think BBN does this on a regular basis to beer proof his XiTones.

Actually, if you take some of that press and seal stuff (from Saran Wrap I think it is) and put a piece across the bottom of the grill from side to side and then another on top of that to cover the top part of the grille the cab becomes pretty water proof and certainly beer proof for the night.

I think BBN does this on a regular basis to beer proof his XiTones.
Ha! That's awesome. I will keep this in mind.

Your products are always stellar, Mick. The build quality, the layout, the look. First class, always...

Hey Mick, just saw this post and it made me smile. Had been very lucky to get this cab from a guy here in the UK who apparently bought it from a member of this forum. Have to say, the cab is really great and you did a fantastic job with this one. Very light weight including the power amp and very versatile. Still plenty of punch with only two 8” speakers, which can be driven stereo or mono. Love the sound which made me part of some of my equipment to keep it all small and easy to transport. One to try for everybody who is concerned about size and weight. I am sorted for now, also my back. :)

20170417_135112 (2).jpg 20170417_135046 (2).jpg 20170417_135137 (2).jpg

Last edited:
Nice job Mick (as always)! Without having to divulge any military secrets, what can you tell us about the drivers? Two way, whizzer, some alien tech? Power handling/efficiency? I assume it can be wired in stereo for use with a rack-mount stereo amp, yes?

Looking forward to my XiTone wedge for a stereo set-up with my XiTone Openback (tapping fingers, checking watch ;-)).

Back
Top Bottom