A little something different from XiTone Cabs...

MicFarlow

Experienced
Vendor
Well, maybe a lot of something different! :)

A customer really wanted an MBritt in tolex so we figured out a way to make it look pretty good! The pictures really don't do it justice at all!

FB866A9F-3F8E-47DD-998C-3CDA0E6636F6_zpswgiw9ixo.jpg

0AFC0DFC-8FD1-41DD-B772-98125A0BA80A_zps7hbrvrbb.jpg

FBCF8ED4-78F4-4A07-A75C-398B2107050F_zpspbddhdn3.jpg

Thanks,

Mick

OK it is indeed a beautiful piece .... what is it again - please define an MBritt in this configuration with price ( I may have to get one ) ?

Hi all,

Thanks for the kind comments. I really appreciate it!

Hey! That was my idea!

Why yes, I think it was! :)

No silver screw? Nice job Mick!

I know right! :) In all seriousness, sometimes the design just doesn't allow. If there were a traditional top handle we might have added a silver screw to it but with the Mesa leather handle and over all aesthetic we decided not to put the silver in.

Incidentally, we are still not done with this one yet... I have some brushed gold/black engraving stock coming in to make the logo badge so even it will be custom and more fitted to the design than the standard silver/black ones we do now.

OK it is indeed a beautiful piece .... what is it again - please define an MBritt in this configuration with price ( I may have to get one ) ?

The MBritt is an open/closed back FRFR cab developed in coordination with Michael Britt of Lonestar. Michael is all into modelers of all types and has multiple Fractal units. He uses an MBritt on stage when on tour.

With the back port removed the cab acts more like an open backed combo styled amp. It excels at cleans up through mid-gain tones with a more open and rounded bottom end.

Great concept. Looks like a classic amp but when you see the back... I want one! Beautiful!

I was wondering if you would make one in tolex. I guess that is a yes. :)

I have had so many folks over the years ask for tolexed cabs and while some models (the wedges) won't ever get tolexed it made sense to try an MBritt. I just had to wrap my head around the best way to do it since the cab construction really complicates things. The piping solved most of the problems and doing this one has made obvious some other process changes that need to be made.

I'm willing to do a couple more of these at cost of materials but after that there will be a charge for it as it takes a huge amount of time.

Thanks again for all the kind words. I appreciate it more than I can say!

Mick

I'm willing to do a couple more of these at cost of materials but after that there will be a charge for it as it takes a huge amount of time.

Thanks again for all the kind words. I appreciate it more than I can say!

Mick

Fantastic work! I just started a thread asking if anyone was doing FRFR powered speakers in custom tolex (because I loathe the aesthetics of "Generic PA Speaker") and turns out you posted this mere days ago!

If one were to be interested in a custom tolexed M.Britt would it be best to contact you directly here or through the XiTone website? And how crazy are you willing to go with it? I'm envisioning a surf green tolex with Vox grill cloth...

[And I don't even have a Fractal yet, ha! Twiddling my thumbs waiting for the AX8 to restock]

Fantastic work! I just started a thread asking if anyone was doing FRFR powered speakers in custom tolex (because I loathe the aesthetics of "Generic PA Speaker") and turns out you posted this mere days ago!

If one were to be interested in a custom tolexed M.Britt would it be best to contact you directly here or through the XiTone website? And how crazy are you willing to go with it? I'm envisioning a surf green tolex with Vox grill cloth...

[And I don't even have a Fractal yet, ha! Twiddling my thumbs waiting for the AX8 to restock]

Oops.. we cross posted it looks like... just send me an email to xitonecabs@gmail.com and we'll discuss the amount of crazy I am willing to go with! :)

and speaking of surf green... not limited just to tolex... we did the grille and handle for this cab up with custom powder coat...

D2AA36B6-72D2-4E0B-94DC-68A9604DBE29_zpskdd3hjci.jpg

The color picked was called Sea Foam Green but it looks pretty close to Surf Green from what I can tell.
This makes me want to pull the grill and handle off of mine and send them in for a powder coat haha

Back
Top Bottom