A little Hiss

lucbl3

Sorry if this is a normal behavior of the AxeFx II XL but I guess I've never notice it before, and since I live in a country without fractal dealers I'm a little worried. Anyway let's get to the "problem"

Is it normal to have a little of hiss in a patch just with an amp and a cab. Maybe a jcm800 with Master cranked and a little touch of drive (maybe 2 or so). My output monitor seems to show a little "noise" coming out, even with the cable disconnected, but it only happens when gain is a little high and I can notice if the headphone os kind loud. Anyway, is it normal? I've attached an image! Thanks!
cb847b1525835125f6ef6624554ae969.jpg

Thank you guys! You know how this work, any "issue" on this $2500 piece of equipment can drive us nuts! haha

Thank you guys! You know how this work, any "issue" on this $2500 piece of equipment can drive us nuts! haha

True, and probably also true of any other gear item that we consider to be expensive.

Just for context, though, price out some vintage amp heads and you'll find several examples in the US$2500 range. You know that vintage gear can be finicky, and collectors - I mean, players - don't want to replace marginal components (caps, xformers, even tubes) for fear of altering the "mojo."

For me, the Axe-FX represents such a better value.

Back
Top Bottom