A little Class-A goodness...

York Audio

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
In light of OwnHammer's latest release, I thought it would be fun to post a couple clips showcasing the two cabs from the Class-A Duo within the context of a mix. Q7's touch sensitivity is outstanding and the notes seem to leap from the fretboard. I hope you all enjoy them!

This one uses just the AC15

And this one is entirely AC30

Wow @JustinYork! I could easily listen to a whole album of that!! (Hint hint)

I know you say those were only the AC15 and AC30 amps, does that mean no drive block was used as well?

I love the sounding of this AC15 in your example.

What speaker did you use - there 4 different speakers for every cab in this pack?

You're a wizard at EQ-ing and mixing!

Thanks Yek, you're too kind! Oddly enough, I pretty much only use low pass and high pass for EQ. Everything else is just basic controls in the amp block (at least for guitars). Recording is simple... you get out what you put in, so if the tones are good, the track practically mixes itself. :) Using the Looper Block makes tone hunting easy. I'm really glad you liked the tracks!

Wow @JustinYork! I could easily listen to a whole album of that!! (Hint hint)

I know you say those were only the AC15 and AC30 amps, does that mean no drive block was used as well?

Thanks for the compliment! All of the clean parts were straight up AC-20 EF86 B, and I just discovered how cool the Esoteric RCB is, so that's what you're hearing on the more overdriven parts. I'm late to the party on that drive model, but man is it cool!

I love the sounding of this AC15 in your example.

What speaker did you use - there 4 different speakers for every cab in this pack?

Thanks Hubi! The AC15 is really special in this library. I know I used the Blue for the intro and chorus rhythm parts, and the Fane for the outro clean guitar. For the leads, I tracked them with all of the speakers and then just chose the one I liked the best, but those are probably the Blue, Gold, or BadCat. Man...I need to keep better records of this stuff in the future.

Hey @JustinYork ! Love the tracks! How did you get that reverb sound in the outro of the AC15 track? It sounds brilliant!
I'm guessing the drums were blackbird again. :)

Hey @JustinYork ! Love the tracks! How did you get that reverb sound in the outro of the AC15 track? It sounds brilliant!
I'm guessing the drums were blackbird again. :)

Thanks a lot! The reverb I used for that outro was the Vintage Verb from Valhalla. You could get something similar with the Deep Space reverb in the Reverb Block. The drums are actually a hybrid. The kick and snare are from iwantthatsound.com Paul Mabury library, and the toms and brass are from the Slate Blackbird pack.

@JustinYork that's some catchy stuff no matter what the tones are backing the music! But the tones really make it shine brighter. Thanks for sharing these.

Sincerely, that means a lot to me. The Axe is such an inspiring piece of gear. I wouldn't write nearly as much material as I do if it weren't for that magic box. I'm genuinely thrilled that you liked the tracks!

Tasty playing and great sounds ... thanks Justin. Downloading the files from OH :)

Great! All of the sounds I used were from the Quick Start folders. Mainly OH1F, 57, 121, and the occasional 58. Have fun with the library and let me know what your favorites are.

Back
Top Bottom