AFIII A little Andy Summers tone hunting: "SynchronAxeFxIII"

CodePoet

Fractal Fanatic
This is going to be my starting place for some Andy Summers distorted stuff - started off with the @iaresee preset "Andy's CAE" and tweaked a few amp parms to fit my guitar and tone I was looking for and threw a default Electric Mistress in front. Started playing Synchronicity II and had some fun. Just spent a couple minutes on it so far, but it's better than I'd put together before. Thanks @iarsee!

Here's a little of it - alone and in the mix. 2 guitars. I'll post up the preset when I build it out.

That sounds fantastic!

I've always loved how rockin' those simple notes in the chorus into the double stops are. So simple. So rock.

Awesome! Yeah, it's a really clever part. I appreciate it even more after learning it and seeing how it's constructed from a playing perspective - lots of cool stuff there.

Great great stuff...Andy’s creative phrasing is criminally underappreciated and you nailed it and the tone.
but....every time anyone does a Summers related thread, can’t help but harken back to those epic multi forum troll threads around the
elusive (?) Message in a Bottle tone.....

Back
Top Bottom