A.i.C

Gorilla

Experienced
Hey, long story short. I had Cubital Tunnel Surgery in April. (the injury where your ring and pinky fingers become useless… ulnar nerve. (on my fretting hand)

Anyways, it's been one heck of a LONG recovery. I was doing some two finger playing on my guitar for awhile and my Therapist said STOP DOING THAT!!! You'll lose muscle memory of your little and ring fingers. And I did, so I'm kinda starting over again, but with progress. It's slow but coming along. Things that were just not even thought of before are now a challenge (string bends / speed / changing chords)

But here's a preset (work in progress) Alice in Chains - Stone tone. A fairly easy tune with a badass riff! I'm just happy I can do anything on my guitars lol

Preset below...Improve on it and send it back to me if ya would :)

AiC left side, me right side. Sorry for recording. I had no back track. Thanks for listening

Attachments

• Jerry_Alice.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 55
Welcome back Gorilla!!! You've been missed!

WOW, that's some badass riffing you're doing here. Tone is spot on too. Keep up the good work, the rehab and badass riffing! :encouragement::encouragement::encouragement:

Welcome back :)
that sounds pretty f'n killer . I can't download the patch here at work
what amp model is this?

What you went through is a guitarist's ultimate nightmare. It sounds like you are doing well! :encouragement:

Having lost a good cm of my left index finger, I can completely empathise with no being able to fret or play anything for a considerable amount of time. I sincerely hope that you get better soon. It's a long process, but it made me even more determined to get back up to speed and be better than I was before. Nowadays i have to suffer the indignity of being able to sweep 5 strings but not finger a C Maj.

Life's a cruel bitch.

Brilliant!!
The big ape is back!!!
Hang in there and keep practising.
When I first told you about the importance of practising, I should have told you the importance of using all your fingers.
How hard that may be at first.
It's been what...10 months now?
That is a long time. But remember, nerves only regenerate at a rate of 1mm a day.
So depending on the damage, a recovery period of one year is no exception.
Wo keep working those fingers and keep us posted.
Still rooting for you!!

Brilliant!!
The big ape is back!!!
Hang in there and keep practising.
When I first told you about the importance of practising, I should have told you the importance of using all your fingers.
How hard that may be at first.
It's been what...10 months now?
That is a long time. But remember, nerves only regenerate at a rate of 1mm a day.
So depending on the damage, a recovery period of one year is no exception.
Wo keep working those fingers and keep us posted.
Still rooting for you!!

Yeah Thanks MisterE! Definitely your messages have helped a bunch! :encouragement:
And the worst thing I did was start back playing with just two fingers lol

Thanks friends for checking it out!

Back
Top Bottom