a great Ultra res combination I discovered tonight

kmanick

Fractal Fanatic
I decided to play around with settting up a stereo patch with 2 ultra res cab.
the Friedman BE going into the CB-Fn-42 (4X12) on one side and the
CB-M-SB-75 (4X120 on the other is one of the best "in the room" Marshall clone patches I've heard yet I was just
going back and forth between
my JSX -2X12 recto cab (my crunch channel is set up very "Marshall-y" right now)
and then my Axe ->CLr->Seismic SAX 15 and by turning up the sag on the HE to about 6 I got the sound and feel between the Axe and a real tube amp
closer than I have been able to prior to Fw13
anyone with a into that kind of sound should check it out.
even my wife came down and said they sound almost dead on(the Axe is still a little "thinner" sounding,even she picked that out :lol ) but the difference has
really diminished compared to previous versions.
I'd love to hear any suggestions on how to get more of a "rounder, thicker" sound/feel without adding more gain.
So so close now....................

Thanks for the tip. I will check it out when I get home from work.

One UltraRes combo I found, that sounds really good with the 5150, is the t75 cab, with the v30 cab set to - 6db.

that's the combo I was originally using with the above mentioned patch, the Fn-42 has a more vintage sound to it
and it fit better for what I was playing tonight so I went with it. I can't wait for the rest of these OH cabs to be converted
(by me but it will be worth the effort)

What's wrong with all you guys having girlfriends/wifes that
1) actually like guitar music
2) know about how a guitar should sound like
3) know the difference between a guitar and a bass

Is it age? I haven't met even one single women in my life that was able to deliver just two of those three points. :/
Or maybe I'm just superficial as fuck. :|

My wife covers (1) & (3)... we're still working on (2). When I say "we," that's exactly what I mean :D

Back
Top Bottom