A good tip to take advantage of the "Enhance" block!

Hi! For those running your Fractal device in Stereo with the "Cab Block" also in Stereo and monitoring through "in ear monitors" I have a good tip! Thanks to a preset made by Thibault de Robillard, I learned that the "Enhance" block is very usefull to give "space" and a better feel when we use earphones to monitoring our sound in live situations. I had been using the "Enhance" block for a while placed in "series" and the result was very good... but today I just changed the connection to "parallel" and the result is awesome! I really recommend it for all your presets! I took a pic of my screen so you can see the connection and settings I made for the "Enhancer" block... enjoy!
1f609.png

upload_2017-6-5_11-30-40.png

Last edited:
As I told you on facebook, apart from having more volume on a side and phasing issues, I always read it should always be in serie.
It can make stereo anything, even a full mono line, as long as the output is stereo by the way.

As I told you on facebook, apart from having more volume on a side and phasing issues, I always read it should always be in serie.
It can make stereo anything, even a full mono line, as long as the output is stereo by the way.

Ok! Now I understand your comment... I'm not getting more volume just in one side... I have the same volume in both L-R channels... I don't hear pashing issues... And for me the parallel connection of the Enhance block sounds a lot better than series...

Just try it! ;-)

I was working with this just the other day and had good results. The only problem I ran into was that it injected a strange midrange, boxy sounding presence into the tone that I couldn't dial out.

I do see myself using this from time-to-time, but that midrange thing was irritating me on the patch I was using it on.

I was working with this just the other day and had good results. The only problem I ran into was that it injected a strange midrange, boxy sounding presence into the tone that I couldn't dial out. I do see myself using this from time-to-time, but that midrange thing was irritating me on the patch I was using it on.
Straight from the man himself:

You don't want to do this. Never put the enhancer in parallel or you'll get phasing problems. That's why there is no bypass mode because it should always be in series.

Source

I use the stereo enhancer all the time but I see no reason whatsoever to run it in parallel.

If you like the sound that's fine but for me I'd rather avoid the issues Cliff warns about.

I was working with this just the other day and had good results. The only problem I ran into was that it injected a strange midrange, boxy sounding presence into the tone that I couldn't dial out.

I do see myself using this from time-to-time, but that midrange thing was irritating me on the patch I was using it on.

It could happens if the settings in the Low Cut and Hi Cut parameters are to limited... try setting the Low Cut at 30Hz and the Hi Cut to 18000... or may be full open Low Cut 20Hz and Hi Cut 20000Hz and adjust to taste... It works for me... and with the Deep control you can set how much the Enhance mix with your original signal...

Straight from the man himself:

You don't want to do this. Never put the enhancer in parallel or you'll get phasing problems. That's why there is no bypass mode because it should always be in series.

Source

I use the stereo enhancer all the time but I see no reason whatsoever to run it in parallel.

If you like the sound that's fine but for me I'd rather avoid the issues Cliff warns about.

Hi! Thanks for the input! May be it's me or my settings... I used the Enhance in series for some months and I have to say that even placed in series you can get some phasing issues with some settings...

So I tried placing the Enhance in paralel and may be are my preset settings but it sounds very good for me! Especially because I can keep a "center signal" (from the clean line) plus the left and right expanded signal that gives me the Enhance... And that sounds and feels very good for me!

Just to try, if you want I can share one of my presets...

Best regards! :)

When I was working with it the other day, it was in series. I'll play around with it more by adjusting the low and high cut. Mine was set around 80 and 8000 (or in that ballpark).

It was a definite boxy kind of honk in the mid range though.

For those trying that... you can try this settings on the Enhance block:

- Width - 62.5%
- Depth - 68%
- Low Cut - 40Hz
- High Cut - 18000Hz
- Level - 0 db

I got a full and open sound with this settings... I hope it hepls!
1f609.png
;-)

Back
Top Bottom