A good studio chorus ?

Sixstring

Legend!
I have been trying to work on getting that subtle studio chorus that you hear on recording like Pat Benatar or Boston And I cant quite get it dialed in. I had much better success getting close doing this on the Ultra but not so with the II. I have messed with Mix, Rate and Depth all the different shapes trying to get rid of the swirl or sweep and just can't seem to get what I'm hearing on these recordings. Has anyone had any success with trying to get this type of effect? I have also tried slight pitch detunes which sound close but not there ether.

Thanks for the input guys ;) I will give it a go with these suggestions and see what I can come up with and report back.

It may not be tri chorus that you're after. It may be dimension d. I have a block for that too, which I'll post later

Hey psycle 1, check out Simeon's blocks here, http://simeonharris.co.uk/Blocks/blocks.html.
These are compatible with Quantum and have full loading instructions. I'm not sure if older blocks will work or not.

From memory...! Roughly like this, though it's better to read Simeon's instructions in case I miss something!!
If you've installed Axe-Edit on PC, there should be a Fractal folder in your 'Documents' folder.
If you explore it you should locate a 'Blocks' folder.
Put on Axe-Edit, say you want to put in Pitch blocks, call the Pitch effect up in your preset.
On the bottom left of the screen, when you click on the Pitch block on Axe-Edit, at the blocks bit, click on the '+.'
It will want to save your Pitch block setting.
Save it, any setting will do...I call it something like Pitchhh, to remind me it's not a 'proper' block.
What that does is to create a 'Pitch' folder in the Block folder [in your 'Documents' folder], with a block called 'Pitchhh.' This is done to create the folder so you can then put blocks into it.
Switch off Axe-Edit.
Simply go the 'Pitch' folder and copy/paste Simeon's Pitch blocks into it.
Restart Axe-Edit, it will search the block library upon restart.
Then to access the blocks, simply select a pitch effect in your preset, click on the empty space on the bottom left beside the '+' and you should see a dropdown list of the various pitch blocks.
This works for any block, i.e. I would call up the delay effect in a preset and save it as 'Delayyy' for example to create a delay folder and so on.
Of course, if you invent any nice ones, you can save them yourself for later use.

Yeah, I got those. I forgot that alot of the syx block files got redone to blk files in the Mother of all effect emulations thread.

Yeah, I got those. I forgot that alot of the syx block files got redone to blk files in the Mother of all effect emulations thread.
Hey psycle 1, check out Simeon's blocks here, http://simeonharris.co.uk/Blocks/blocks.html.
These are compatible with Quantum and have full loading instructions. I'm not sure if older blocks will work or not.

From memory...! Roughly like this, though it's better to read Simeon's instructions in case I miss something!!
If you've installed Axe-Edit on PC, there should be a Fractal folder in your 'Documents' folder.
Put on Axe-Edit, say you want to put in Pitch blocks, call the Pitch effect up in your preset.
On the bottom left of the screen, when you click on the Pitch block on Axe-Edit, at the blocks bit, click on the '+.'
Save it, any setting will do...I call it something like Pitchhh, to remind me it's not a 'proper' block.
What that does is to create a 'Pitch' folder in the Block folder [in your 'Documents' folder], with a block called 'Pitchhh.' This is done to create the folder so you can then put blocks into it.
Switch off Axe-Edit.
Then to access the blocks, simply select a pitch effect in your preset, click on the empty space on the bottom left beside the '+' and you should see a dropdown list of the various pitch blocks.
This works for any block, i.e. I would call up the delay effect in a preset and save it as 'Delayyy' for example to create a delay folder and so on.
Of course, if you invent any nice ones, you can save them yourself for later use.
Hello everybody! I get to load blocks from the folder Simeon Bloks. These blocks have blk file size 1k. I can not upload files published here syx size 3k.How they download and (or) convert… sorry for my english and translate Google.

TC 2290 has an excellent chorus that's perfect for studio and live use.

Switch off Axe-Edit.
This sounds soooooo complicated

Back
Top Bottom