A good, real, clean Ampeg SVT Classic tone. Anyone?

feliperigby

Inspired
HAs anyone achieved an Ampeg SVT Classic Tone?
A good one? Without distortions, just a natural/clean ampeg svt cl tone?
Like those presets from Amplitube Ampeg SVX?

Anyone?
What I'm doing wrong?
The maxium I can achieve is an "unatural" tone, sometimes missing that low end from the amplitube.

the amp block is a small part, ir's are without a doubt the biggest contributor to your tone. i'm guess someone discovered those ir's are the secret sauce, for them anyway...

Yes I tried those from the link from maschoff.
Big difference.
Is there other ones? Ir's? Like, ampeg svt 810, svt 410hlf or 610hlf? or some orange 410 or 810 cabs? Fender ones or mesa?
Anyone knows?

There's a few on AxeChange. A few Ampeg, GK, EBS and Mesa/Boogie ones. I put all of them in four nice ZIP files that you can grab from here:
Index of /axe

As these were publicly, freely available before I assume they are OK to distribute. None of these were paid for.

There are also a few cabs built-in from FAS - I believe there is an 8x10 in there, though I have no idea which Ampeg 8x10 it is. As we bassists know, Ampeg has changed the speakers and construction of it often enough that various eras of 8x10 sound different...

There are some IRs we made last summer of an Ampeg SVT Classic available in our library over at Soundwoofer you could probably try out, just a thought!

Back
Top Bottom