A good affordable, modern guitar for some fun!

+1 for Schecter Diamond Series stuff. I picked up a demo/used C-1 SLS Elite Hardtail from Sweetwater a while back, and it's awesome. I think I paid like $700 for it, and it has a great parts spec, looks/sounds/plays great.

Not reading the whole thread but older schecter C1's and LTD 400 or 1000 series HT's are the goods. I just got an '07 C-1 elite with dimarzio titans for a pretty good buy as I only have 1 modern spec guitar.

I have been tempted to try Solar guitars but never went that route because I already own other higher end guitars which cover exactly the same spot. Specs and looks-wise they seem to be a great bang for the buck and they are no doubt focused on metal. Maybe someone else who owns one can step in
and provide you with further insight, but in that price tag I would at least consider them an option.
I am a Les Paul guy and I wanted to try something different and something with evertune. I bought a solar guitar. Fell in love with it and bought a second. Still thinking about buying a third. Lol great great great guitars.

I am a Les Paul guy and I wanted to try something different and something with evertune. I bought a solar guitar. Fell in love with it and bought a second. Still thinking about buying a third. Lol great great great guitars.
Where did you buy? Could you play them first?

If the wife's draconian rule of Guitar In <-> Guitar Out were abolished, I would consider a Vola Ares FR FMs for myself
There is a reduced price B-Stock offer on Reverb
d5bbok3aqxjolfecanuv.jpg

Can't go wrong with one of these....... https://www.chubtoneguitars.com

They will build one for you with any specs you desire for right around $1500. Yes, it takes about 6 months to get it, but you get Charvel custom shop quality for a fraction of the cost....I love mine.

I was on the hunt for an inexpensive 6 string with a long scale length a few months ago.
I went with the Jackson Pro HT6 and absolutely love it.

I really like the neck and matte blue finish.
It comes with Jackson pickups but they sound surprisingly great. The split coil selection sounds particularly good and spanky.

Definitely worth the price, especially if you are considering the Holcomb signature!

I was on the hunt for an inexpensive 6 string with a long scale length a few months ago.
I went with the Jackson Pro HT6 and absolutely love it.

I really like the neck and matte blue finish.
It comes with Jackson pickups but they sound surprisingly great. The split coil selection sounds particularly good and spanky.

Definitely worth the price, especially if you are considering the Holcomb signature!

$424.97 at GC now.

Just curious, which Solar was your first? And what was different about the second one you got?

If the wife's draconian rule of Guitar In <-> Guitar Out were abolished, I would consider a Vola Ares FR FMs for myself
There is a reduced price B-Stock offer on Reverb
d5bbok3aqxjolfecanuv.jpg

That same rule applies here and is in full force! I have managed to convince her that I am going to sell a guitar but I will get around to it once I get the new one (maybe in 80 years from now....)!

I saw that Vola Ares on Reverb, really beautiful but £2.5k price tag and it sold!

Just curious, which Solar was your first? And what was different about the second one you got?
First was a Washburn solar. Then was the actual solar branded. The neck on the solar is a slightly different shapes than the wasburn solar. I would say the wasburn models feels a slight bit smaller in the back carve. And the solar model is mahogany as opposed to the Washburn model being alder. They have a different tonality to them. Not better, not worse, just different.

Back
Top Bottom